Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Complete engine, carb to pan, fan to flex plate. Selling it with all accessories attached, including carb, alternator, distributor, power steering pump, pulleys, fan, exhaust manifolds. As best I can tell it is all original and date-coded. Includes original engine tag. No wiring.

Come hear it run before you take it out. It doesn't make any ugly noises, but I cannot guarantee the interior condition. The car runs and "Parking Lot" drives, if that's any indication. Located in Upperville, VA; about an hour West of Washington, DC.

$600. Pick-up only.

If there is something else you see in this engine comaprtment you need, please drop me a note.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Randy, what is the casting date, and is it all date matching?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Guess it has become a "part 'er out 'er", huh? :cry:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought since I got not even a nibble at the whole car I would float a balloon and see if there was any interest from this list on the pieces. Now, I have had nary a nibble at any of the parts either, so I guess I'll just leave her out back and let her rust away until someone comes looking. If this is what the market is like right now, there's no point in bothering to save them. I had a lead on another 69 XR7 vert in rough shape, but the heck with it. It's not worth the diesel to go after it. I'd have to get it for less than scrap value to make it work, and no one is selling below that.

Rather disappointing.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Wish i had the bread to buy parts from you randy and wish it was a 70 too. But dont give up someone will need parts from it.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Randy - it'd be nice to save 'em all - hate to see them parted out, but you can only do so much when the parts are worth more than the whole.....

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ya know...just a foolish idea here, but...send a email to those hammer mechanic hackers on TV...can't remember the name of the show though (Loud and Obnoxious) or something like that. They were looking for a FORD motor a few weeks ago, maybe they are tearing something else up and need one, heck the price is right. All they can say is no, you wouldn't be out anything to try there.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Called FAST AND LOUD gas monkey garage..

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've a few parts off this car, but the engine is still available. I'll throw in the tranny (if you want it) for no extra charge if you buy the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts