Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I hate to do this but my health wont allow me to finish my project. I have a 1969 Convertable Mercury Cougar that I would like to sell to someone that will spend their time and money on finishing this project. I purchase this car from my nephew. This car needed a new motor because the old on threw a rod. The car originally with a 360 winsor. But I had put in a 318. The problem is their is so much water in the tank that I cant get it to start with the new carb in it. You will need to drop the tank and clean it out and maybe get a new carb. thats all. I also have the bill of sale. It hasnt been registered in awhile. Its about 550 to register it. Already checked with the DMV. Also if u look at the pictures the interior needs some work Its leather and has the plastic covers on them. Its also missing the front driver fender piece. The top doesnt work Im guessing a frozen motor. If you have any ???s just email me. I will try and take better pictures.
muffins Jessies funeral 005.jpg muffins Jessies funeral 006.jpg muffins Jessies funeral 009.jpg muffins Jessies funeral 007.jpg Local transaction only please. Make me an offer. Thanks

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Where is the vehicle located?

·
Registered
389 Posts
not too much confidence when the seller doesnt even know one make from another...

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Someone go look at that car and bring us back a report! Dang i wish i was closer. So there is a little confusion over the motor. It is a 69 drop top fer crying out loud.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
What's up with the rear seat headrests , I've never seen that. They must be owner custom installed.

And by the way all you have to do to get fresh gas to that motor; to help get it running, is use a gas can. Run a rubber line from the fuel pump to the gas can . Bypasses all the old lines and tank. You can even lot drive it this way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Do you have more pictures?? You said local only; I could always have a truck come by and pick it up. Give me a price. Phone # ? Thanks Robert

1971 XR7 Convert.
1993 Jag Convert

·
Registered
28 Posts
This guy sounds like this guy selling a 1969 Cougar for 8 Grand:
"Body fair, needs paint,carpet,headliner. Car runs and is registered. Turbo charged 4 cylinder,out of 88 cougar XR7.Gas milage approx 28mpg. During engine swap frame left untouched. Runs very well. Due to electronic fuel injection and installed computer system car starts right up no matter how cold it is.Tires fair, brakes fair. Car sold as is must see to believe. "
http://chico.craigslist.org/cto/2808152851.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts