Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking for a a restorable 1969 Boss Eliminator, i will pay a 1000.00 finders fee to the first person that sends me info on a 69 boss Eliminator that i end up purchasing.

Scott

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Hello all,

I am looking for a a restorable 1969 Boss Eliminator, i will pay a 1000.00 finders fee to the first person that sends me info on a 69 boss Eliminator that i end up purchasing.

Scott
That's a lot of money. I don't think you need to offer a finders fee. I can only speak for myself, but I'd think we'd all be happy to help you nc. that's part of what this forum is for.
I could understand a finders fee for a stolen car, or an exact specific VIN #, but just any boss elim? Not necessary.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well thank you very much Larry, i just know how darn rare these 69 Boss cars are and i have had no luck at all finding one. Any help would be very much appreciated and i am willing to pay for the help if needed. I very much enjoy this forum (even though Zoli is a part of it, just kidding, i have known him for 30 years.......wow) and it is always a positive place with great people. I have purchased many muscle cars over the years and always enjoyed all brands, however after owning several i have come to realize there is nothing like a Cougar or Mustang, and the Cougars are my favorite. I own a 70 W code Boss that is about 30 days away from a very special Resto-Mod project and i cant wait to post all the details. It looks stock from the outside, with the exception of the Specialty 17inch steel Magnums that are 17 x 8 in front and 17 x 10 in the back. It is Grabber Green and has all modern suspension (tcp products, rack front with 4 wheel disc, fully update 4 link rear with all the bells and you name it) it has a 5 speed trans and a new ford motorsports block with a vintage Shelby dual 4v trans am manifold, etc, etc, the car will be amazing! So, with that said, i have two 70 Cougar Eliminators, and i would love a 69 as i have realized that the Cougars are my true passion and the Boss Eliminators and the best for me.

Thank you Larry, lets hope we can find one, and if the person who helps me turns down the finders fee, i will donate it to this forum :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Hello all,

Scott
Scott, Hello. Fee not needed... I know where there are two 69 Boss Elims here in Indiana, and both cars are approximately within 35 miles of my local.

Elim 'A' is the better of the pair: Orange/Black Decor & stripe. Has 70 B2 engine and is a pretty straight car over-all. Has had at least 1 re-paint and/or partial repaint. Some mild rust issues in lower 1/4's, trunk drop downs, and floors... but nothing too crazy for Indiana. A mechanic at our local L-M dealership owns this Cat. And, I know a litttle bit about its history... was down in southern Indiana for many, many years, and I actully considered buying the car when it was for sale at that time. The mechanic that I spoke of bought the car... he outbid me so-to-speak when it was last for sale (long before ebay).

Elim 'B' is the underdog: Blue/Black Decor & White stripe. Orig B2 long gone, but trans & rear are still in place. This one has been an ongoing restoration project for at least 15 years and I'm not sure how far it has come along since the last time that I saw it... about 6 years ago. The person that owns this car lives about 25 miles from me.

If either sounds interesting... I'll try to make contact with either or both owners and feel them out. I personally don't think that the Orange car will be for sale anytime soon. But, you never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts