Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if you might be able to help me. My neighbor is selling his
1969 convertible xr7. There are a few tears in the seats but otherwise the car looks pretty nice. The engine is a rebuilt 351c that is not original with the car. Also the paint is black but the original was green. I know both of these things hurt value. I want to buy it but don't want to be taken. He is asking 10,500. Is this worth it?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
ON the surface that looks/sounds like a good deal....another set of eyes couldn't hurt. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
425 Posts
The only thing that is popping out at me from the pictures posted is that it looks like the tail light bezels are missing. Hard to tell how much rust the body may have from pictures.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Pics are small and hard to tell, but the underside of the car would probably give folks a better indication of its value. If it is I would guess its in Four-55's collection by now!hehe

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Pics are small and hard to tell, but the underside of the car would probably give folks a better indication of its value. If it is I would guess its in Four-55's collection by now!hehe
hey I resemble that remark...lol...I passed on her..... too many things missing and too many needs for me ....

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
The question is: Is it worth ten-five to you?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The answer is, "I passed on it".
The tail light bezels have been modified.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts