Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm lucky to own and 1968 427GTE and a 1969 428 XR-7 convertible. The 1969 428 CJ Mercury Cougar Convertible has been in magazines stating that it was built by Shelby for the James Bond Movie "Her Majesties Service". It also states it is one of three built for the movie and afterward was owned and driven daily by Carroll Shelby. It has a signed dash by Carroll Shelby and a dash plate the states is was built by Shelby (probably by A O Smith) for Carroll Shelby. Do you know of this car and is there any documentation for the car. Please e-mail me or call at [email protected] or 210.861.3620. If it's the real deal I bought it really cheap and if it;s not it's a greeat car. In your debt
D Lux
05/16/2013 Well I have done enough investigation to know that this Cougar is a CLONE to the Shelby Cougars. It's still OK since I bought the car so right and it is a great car. Thanks for everyone's help. It's still a GTE Cougar with a 428 and a convertible!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures of your cars if you can... That car was on ebay multiple times years ago and the owner did in fact make some pretty lofty claims that sounded dubious at best. Search this forum long enough and you will see where it was discussed in detail each time it was listed on ebay. IIRC he had some snake emblems and other Shelby items on it.

·
Contributing Member
5,867 Posts
I'm lucky to own and 1968 427GTE and a 1969 428 XR-7 convertible. The 1969 428 CJ Mercury Cougar Convertible has been in magazines stating that it was built by Shelby for the James Bond Movie "Her Majesties Service". It also states it is one of three built for the movie and afterward was owned and driven daily by Carroll Shelby. It has a signed dash by Carroll Shelby and a dash plate the states is was built by Shelby (probably by A O Smith) for Carroll Shelby. Do you know of this car and is there any documentation for the car. Please e-mail me or call at [email protected] or 210.861.3620. If it's the real deal I bought it really cheap and if it;s not it's a greeat car. In your debt
D Lux
The VIN numbers of the convertibles built for the James bond movie are known - from the original invoices which are noted as "Bond Movie". It shouldn't be hard to verify its authenticity

Here are some discussions

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?28578-Bond-428-Vert-on-eBay&highlight=bond+cougar

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums...oyce-VS-Muscle-Car-Review&p=382372#post382372

1 - 4 of 4 Posts