Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have one green nos door pull strap on ebay right now. Thanks Mikehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270721778140&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks good, unfortunately I need dark blue. At least I know to check ebay periodically. Mine isn't bad so I tried gluing and stapling it, but my seamstress skills stink.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Looks good, unfortunately I need dark blue. At least I know to check ebay periodically. Mine isn't bad so I tried gluing and stapling it, but my seamstress skills stink.
Hint... Search for it under full size Mercury and Lincoln as they used them from 68-70 and you can often fund mint used from the rear doors of parts cars. Also know that 69 is a different blue than 70.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hint... Search for it under full size Mercury and Lincoln as they used them from 68-70 and you can often fund mint used from the rear doors of parts cars. Also know that 69 is a different blue than 70.

Thanks for the tip! I found out about the 69-70 color difference when I ordered trim paint for the interior. Luckily that's one mistake that only cost $10.

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts