Registered
2,991 Posts
Rick, very nice description on ebay. Good luck on the auction. John

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the nice feedback...

Thanks for the kind words. I am sure someone will love the history of the car and enjoy it.
Thanks again, Rick :)

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I hope she does well in your sale. It is to bad that you have to let it go so soon after you did all the work to it. It can be so much fun to drive one to a local cruse in and see the looks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for your comments. It has been alot of work. I wished I would have been driving it as many hours as I have worked on it. My wife thinks the interior is so beautiful and the design of it is so elegant and yet takes you back in time. I have a video clips on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7evWF8-81mo
I am a rookie on you tube uploads....sorry
Thanks for all the feedback

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Nice job! I hope it sells quickly. One very small thing that you might want to change. The interior color code 6G is called Dark Ivy Gold. The actual color is very dark green, like the back seat. I mention this because there was also Nugget Gold, color code 6Y.

The color code for the interior trim can be very confusing. In this case the color code, (the second digit in the interior trim code) signifies a different color for the XR7 than it does for a standard. Color code G is LIGHT Ivy gold in a standard, and DARK Ivy gold in an XR7. This means that you have to have the entire color code to understand what color the interior really was. So 2G is a light shade of green, (even though they call it gold...) and 6G is a very dark shade of green.

I am not picking on your ad, just trying to provide you with some information that you probably have to be Cougar obsessed to know.

Codes explained:

The first digit, or letter, indicates the interior trim level: 1 = standard, 2 = decor, 6 = XR7 bucket leather, 8 XR7 bucket knitted vinyl, 4 = parchment bench standard, F = parchment bench decor, A = parchment bucket standard, U = parchment bucket decor.

The second digit is the color. The exact shade of any particular color depends upon whether the interior is standard, decor, or XR7. In 1968 there were 8 different color codes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Great job with the ebay auction listing. Lots of great pictures. Looks like you have some good activity on the auction, hopefully it keeps going and you get your price. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm not a fan of slime frost but this looks great!!!! Hope you get top dollar!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I hear yah about money draining that these cars are. But it is worth it to raise this cat from the ashes.
I copied the stats and decoding from what a Ford registry sent me. So if they screwed it up...oh well...I don't think to many people will bother them to much. I just dont want to add more to the bottom of the auction.
I have had only had 1 question on the auction so far and over 649 views so far and 77 on the watch list.
I was happy how at the beginning of the auction the car went from $9.95 to $7200. in about 30 minutes last night. Cougars are a happy breed of cats and people are discovering them. God Bless you all

·
Super Moderator
11,006 Posts
Somebody is going to get a sweet car. Too bad you have to sell.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Royce, sporty worty, and cougar shark and all of the other many well wishers. I hope we all get big boosts for cougar prices and for the economy real soon. And please pray for my 24 year old nephew that is going through cancer treatment at U of M hospital in Ann Arbor MI. He has 2 little kids too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great looking Cougar. Too bad I am in the middle of my restoration otherwise I might be tempted. That way I could avoid all the headaches I Have been experiencing! And mine is also all original with lime frost, dark ivy gold but not a G. I am planning on keeping everything original. Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That is great about your car nbstorman. Good luck with your restoration.
The auction ends monday night I hope it does well.
And thanks for the encouraging words,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts