Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Hertz XR7G project that I am selling---too many projects. I have the Marti. It's diamond blue with blue interior. Interior is decent. Nice console and dash. 390 S code, sunroof, PS, PDB, air and tilt. Has been sitting for a long time and the engine locked. Engine, intake and radiator appear original. Five style steels. Service Ford Holley carb. Original air compressor/mount is in the trunk. Chrome valve covers with original chrome top air cleaner w/snorkle. Original hood scoop, AM radio and exhaust manifolds. No hot-rod stuff. Fog lights and exhaust cut outs are gone (I have one of the cut outs). Still has three horns and most G emblems. Factory tags are all there. But she is rusty. Needs floors, torgue boxes, floor supports, rear trunk floors, rear frame rails, hood and trunk lid. Roof and sunroof area look good. The front rails and shock towers look OK. Has both original rusty doors with leather pulls. Passenger quarter was poorly replaced years ago. 11K....Email for pictures [email protected].

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Definitely a project but the price sure seems right. I need to stop looking at all these cool cars for sale.. Marriage > addiction err hobby :) At least that's what the wife keeps telling me :)

Best of luck man.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
This car is begging for the ECI. The price is right, the hard to find stuff is there, and this one will be worth some money when finished: all good things. Bob this car needs you.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
No can do Kimosabe! Still miles to go before I sleep (which means I am still cleaning up and probably will still be this time next year!).

No, it's all about the shows, socializing, looking at others cars, inconspicuously drinking a beer or three (or other tasty adult beverage) and fixing/reversing the mess I made all over my home (well, that and annoying people with my crowing about what the current show/trophy count is).

I may well be a one trick pony and the pony I chose is a low dollar car even as a finished product (even though more than one person has offered me my insured value of $50K or even more). I am fine with where I am and feel no need any time soon to jump into another big project whether it would make fiscal sense or not.

Thanks for thinking of me though.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Please stop commenting on this thread so I won't see it any more and be tempted to add another project to the list of things that is already going to take me the rest of my life to finish. :bloated:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
C'mon Bob, you gotta get into a first generation kitty. This one is perfect. Save the house clean up for after this one is complete. With all your current restoration contacts and tools, this will be easy.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Apologies to the thread starter for the hi-jack, but Ray I just don't think such an endeavor would be good for "domestic harmony". The first one has at times given rise to such statements as "I was dup'ed!" and "all you care about is that effin' car!!!", etc... If I had an outbuilding sort of garage where said project car(s) could sit as long as I cared to let it/them and until I was good and ready for another project, that would be one thing, but a three car, attached garage with a lift (with Isabel on it), a '94 GT moostang 'vert under it, all the yard/lawn equipment in another and the Cougar mess/stuff I am actively whittling away at in the third and both our daily drivers and my 4WD SUV sitting outside, it just ain't practical!

Someday, in retirement? In a different dwelling with an outbuilding? Maybe. Still a long way from "having an itch" at this point. Let's not forget (I know I won't easily/ever) the 6 years, 11 months I spent on Isabel. Remember, if she wasn't named Isabel, she'd be named "Never Again"!!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I also apologize for the hijack, but I couldn't let this go.

Here's a proposition for you Bob. I'll buy the car and keep it at my house. Then you come here on weekends, days off and vacations and restore it. That alleviates the problem you have with not having the room, but you still get the satisfaction of the work. And I'll even let you keep any trophies it may win. That also takes care of my problem of having too many projects since I wouldn't be the one doing the work on this one. Of course I'd provide you with room and board and all the tools you would need. I think it's a perfect plan. Let me know so I can make the deal and arrange for transport.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts