Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale - one pair of 1968 XR7G Super Puff Door panels in black. Yes, these are 100% real, I can give you the VIN # from the XR7G Cougar that they came from. It was parted out in the 1990's (not by me!). :bloated:

The passenger side panel still looks very puffy, the driver's one, not so much puffy. Overall condition is good to very good. Can send photos. Map pockets included, no pull straps or hardware. Asking $300 for the pair + shipping from Arizona. If you want the XR7G console from this car, contact Don Rush - as he now owns it. It was in good shape as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
735 Posts
^^
Basically the same (visually) as the regular '68 XR-7 door panels, except a little more padding (thicker) and of course the pull strap is leather.

·
Registered
292 Posts
is it an upgrade associated with the xr-7 package, or did you need to order the xr7g package to get these?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Yes these were installed only as part of the XR7-G package however it has been said that not all of the G's got them. I guess it all depends to if they were in stock at the time. Both G's I have owned that did have their original door panels did have the puffy door panels. You really could make your own if you wanted to by replacing the foam behind the vinyl with thicker foam. Its really not a huge difference as you are limited to the puffyness (if thats a word) by the window crank as it will hit the vinyl if you make it too puffy.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
is it an upgrade associated with the xr-7 package, or did you need to order the xr7g package to get these?
These panels were part of the XR7G package, and not a separate option for the XR7.

*I see Scott and I were responding at the same time*

·
Registered
301 Posts
Are these still available?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts