1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
He has been trying to sell that one on and off for years, I have seen it in person and it is what he says it is and is a good value for the money. Mike Tenge is the seller, Lin came down and handed him cash for it about 3 years ago and he backed out. I think his tune has changed a bit since then...

<table summary="craigslist hosted images"><tbody><tr> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Must.. stop... reading.. these ... damn... ads........

Seriously..

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Mike also offered this car to me almost 3 years ago, but backed out of the deal. The car is a 302 / C4 car.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'm not following high end Cougar sales lately but does anyone know of any nicely restored Gs selling recently and what the dollar amount was? Not a GTE for sure but still a barrett-jackson quality car in my opinion once it's worked over.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
What is up with all the 67 & 68 X codes, S codes and now XR7-G's on the market now that I'm going ahead with my 67 C code restomod??? These cars NEVER came up and now they're everywhere!!

And yes, I am seriously bidding on a few.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Mike also offered this car to me almost 3 years ago, but backed out of the deal. The car is a 302 / C4 car.
A few years back at our local cruise weekend an old guy started talking to me about my Cougar and then he told me about his. It's was supposedly a 1968 XR7, S code, sunroof, loaded, etc. that he had brought up from Mississippi back in the early 70's. Needless to say at first I thought he was full of sh-t, but as he kept talking it was obvious he knew way too much about Cougars to be spinning a tale. I got ballpark price out of him, $15,000ish, but when I said I'd take it he backed right out (I was kind of relieved he backed out because at the time I'd of had to refinance my house to buy it). It was his wife's car, she died a few years prior, his son had no interest, so it sits in his garage. I keep watching the local market, expecting it to come available in an estate sale, because that is the only way the old boy would part with it. He just likes to offer it up for sale because he enjoys the reaction the car brings. I think perhaps the fellow who owns this XR7-G is doing the same thing.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Oops... Hope my comment does not interfere with Mike's sale! I am not going to disclose anything about his personal finances but I really do think he needs to sell it this time as things have changed. He loathes selling it just as much now as 4 years ago because he is not likely to find another. He also has many parts for sale, we have bought 3 trailer loads from him recently and plan on another trip soon.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it, Don, people will call on it, regardless. It only listed locally on Craigslist, so he's not looking for buyers from outside California.

·
Registered
292 Posts
can someone tell me what color the roof is supposed to be? It's clearly not black, but was it formerly white, light green, or some other color? I can't really tell by the pictures.

thanks

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
The Vinyl to has been removed. The only two colors available were Black and white .

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On this car, it was black.

·
Registered
399 Posts
He has been trying to sell that one on and off for years, I have seen it in person and it is what he says it is and is a good value for the money. Mike Tenge is the seller, Lin came down and handed him cash for it about 3 years ago and he backed out. I think his tune has changed a bit since then...

How much was he asking for the car three years ago? What is a fair price for the car now?
There's an older fella here locally that has a G I might be able to talk him out of. It's in a little better shape than the one on Craig's list. I'd like to get an idea of what it's worth.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My brother bought this car today; it will remain in Northern California for the time being. He will be restoring it to it's original condition and configuration as a 2-/3+ driver.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, I'll do that, Steve.

·
11,000 Posts
Please ask your brother to send me his information so he can be added to the registry. And tell him congratulations!

My brother bought this car today; it will remain in Northern California for the time being. He will be restoring it to it's original condition and configuration as a 2-/3+ driver.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts