Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a 1968 Cougar with, best I can tell a standard interior (seats and door panels are standard). The steering wheel, however, is the wood grain decor group wheel. Was it an option to have the decor wheel even thought the rest of the interior was standard.

Would a Marti report tell me this?

Thanks,

Daniel

·
11,000 Posts
You get the wood grain wheel with either the XR-7 interior or with the standard Cougar / Décor interior. The wheel was not available as a separate option. A Marti Report would tell if your body code 91 had the base or décor interior, so would your door tag.

Hey,

I have a 1968 Cougar with, best I can tell a standard interior (seats and door panels are standard). The steering wheel, however, is the wood grain decor group wheel. Was it an option to have the decor wheel even thought the rest of the interior was standard.

Would a Marti report tell me this?

Thanks,

Daniel

·
Registered
207 Posts
MrAwesome1968, I too have a standard interior with the deluxe wood grain steering wheel. I recently had to replace the turn signal switch. It looked to me that the wheel had never been removed which leads me to believe it was factory installed on my 68. Took advantage of it being off and repaired all the cracks and painted and added new silver strips and then clear coated.
It now looks 100% better. steering wheel.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
What are you intending to do with the wheel now that you know mate? If you find out that it's factory installed I supposed that it might be a good idea to leave it as it is instead of replacing it for something else? Would anyone know if that would eventually affect the value of the car if wheel was swapped out for something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts