Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turn key 1968 Standard vinyl hardtop, original 302/auto car, for sale.
Too much work done to it in the last few years to list here.
Non original motor and transmission. Motor is out of a 92 or 93 Mustang, but it IS a roller cam engine with relatively low miles (good cylinder crosshatch visible from oil pan), MSD 6AL ignition with new Ford distributor, transmission is a T5 out of a 95 Mustang, installed using a Mustang Steve cable kit, an FRPP clutch, and a MGW close ratio shifter. Custom built 134a a/c system works with up to date parts, and heater core was just installed this past summer.
The car has power brakes (disc/drum), and the steering was converted to manual from a very leaky power setup with a professionally rebuild steering box. Steering is tight, and all front suspension components have been changed with the exception of the front springs.
Pics available here: http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/xc600/Cougar%20Oct11/
Photos were taken Oct 2011, car was driven a handful of times this past summer.
Everything seen in the pictures will be included with the exception of the front seats with are on loan from a friend. I do have the original front seats which have been reinstalled.

This car is a running, driveable, mechanically sound ride for anyone looking for a cruiser and a good candidate for a complete resto as well.

Once again, I have done quite a bit mechanically to it, undoing all that the previous owner did to the car to make it not only safe but fun to drive. Please email with questions, I will tell you anything about the car including work that has been done as well as work that still remains.

I'm asking $9000 obo.
Email [email protected] with questions, car is located and can be seen in S.E. Michigan.
Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to the top

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$8500 obo, and the puddle in the picture is not from the car. It was dog washing day......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rent a trailer, or just drive it on home....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump, to the top.
$8500 obo
S.E. Michigan area

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$8000 is the new price.