Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to contact this guy for more pictures, but he didn't respond. The car is also advertised locally for $6500.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Mercury-Cougar-XR7-Coupe-GT-6-5-litre-390-Big-Block-/260853034955?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cbc0d6fcb

Local ad in Kijiji

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1968-Mercury-Cougar-XR7-Coupe-GT-6-5-litre-390-Big-Block-W0QQAdIdZ313065572

Could be a great car, but I won't even go and look at it unless there are more photos posted; why waste my time?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Seller needs to make his mind up on the differential.

He mentions it has traction-lok, then lists the codes showing it having an open rear end.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
No good shots of the interior or the lower body. That what worries me. Could be a decent car and could not ! It is up north were they rust.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the youtube video, but I prefer a bunch of good stills; sometimes I have to stare for a while before I see everything. The video makes me more reluctant.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yep, "FAST EYES SEE LITTLE". Do as the wise ole owl does, STARE. That's how he/she gets the MOUSE.

I agree stills are much better.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I went and looked at this car guys. I can go again but it needs alot of work. It's been sitting in a pile of leaves and brush and the floor pans are suspect. THe torque boxes are shot and all inner fendor aprons need to be replaced. Rust in front of the drivers rear quarter is bad and looks like it's eatting into the rocker area bad. Other than that the body looks very straight.

If anyone is serious about the car and would like another look see I can go back and try and take pictures but where the guy has it is very difficult to get any kind of quality shots. I could barely see the floor pans but what I could see didnt look good. He says the motor si all hopped up but it looked pretty dang stock to me. Says it runs great but when restoring an old Cougar, a good running 390 is really the least expensive part of the restoration.

Ask any questions and I'll do my best to remember

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
more work than I'm prepared for. I do hope someone buys the car and restores it because it is an 'S' code, after all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts