1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Am I missing something? I don't see a reserve and it's only $676 currently - at least it's in your back yard - you could take a peak

Could be neat, but I hope the reserve isn't outta whack - that thing need a ton of work.....an best offer would have been his best bet...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I missing something? I don't see a reserve and it's only $676 currently - at least it's in your back yard - you could take a peak

Could be neat, but I hope the reserve isn't outta whack - that thing need a ton of work.....an best offer would have been his best bet...
I find it hard to believe that there are 7 legit bidders for this car. The second highest bidder 3***b(221) has placed 1280 bids in the last 30 days and 9 bid retractions in the last 30 days. He/she placed a bid of $666 on this auction and also placed a bid of $666 on my recent ebay auction for my '69 Marauder X100. I've also seen this joker bid on some of my other auctions too. The bidder's real ebay id is bath316(221). Maybe that's just how he/she gets their jollies. Weird...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
OH - I gotcha, I never look at the bidding history I guess. I do see lot's of shenanigans going on in the ebay motors section all the time....I don't get why? Lots of cars get re-listed for various reasons. I set my account up so that you can't even bid if you don't have X amount of good feeeback. Keeps the riff raff out.....

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I like those incredible pictures of the blue tarp! He gives a nice front and back view of the tarp, so you see if there are any holes in it. Very tasteful and revealing of the condition of the tarp.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I find it hard to believe that there are 7 legit bidders for this car. The second highest bidder 3***b(221) has placed 1280 bids in the last 30 days and 9 bid retractions in the last 30 days. He/she placed a bid of $666 on this auction and also placed a bid of $666 on my recent ebay auction for my '69 Marauder X100. I've also seen this joker bid on some of my other auctions too. The bidder's real ebay id is bath316(221). Maybe that's just how he/she gets their jollies. Weird...
That guy has been busy over the last 7 days. I believe at that time their number was near 200 bids for 30 days. That bidder is definitely just screwing around with sellers.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
He is at 1351 bids as of now...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I like those incredible pictures of the blue tarp! He gives a nice front and back view of the tarp, so you see if there are any holes in it. Very tasteful and revealing of the condition of the tarp.
The listing though omitted one KEY piece of information. It does not indicate whether or not the tarp is included in the sale.

"no tarp" would definitely have been a deal-breaker for me............

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
That guy has been busy over the last 7 days. I believe at that time their number was near 200 bids for 30 days. That bidder is definitely just screwing around with sellers.
...and that one bidder is at 1345 bids on 1334 items in the last 30 days. Retractions now at 9 for last 30 and 46 for the last 6 months. Should note he seems to concentrate on FoMoCo unlike others who do the same things on many different makes. He only bids on reserve auctions and starts many an auction with $666.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts