Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Please provide the vin number as well as the left door data code plate information on this Cougar, so that I can properly research it. Thanks. Jim.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry don't have vin brothers car, where could you look it up at ? $6500 obo alot of new part really losing out on price but need something a lil more for everyday will trade for mustang GT (foxbody) or SN95 clean no project cars.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Well, as usual, I'm confused. If you own the car, you must have the title? If so the title shows the vin number. With it, I can look it up on the National Cougar Database, and/or obtain a Marti report which will provide the original factory order-image of the car as manufactured.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
What are the exhaust tips off of ? 1969 mach 1,GTE or after market?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i did say this was my brothers car and i do not have the vin right now to post just be a little patient and i will try to get it up here

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't believe that the interior is leather. I thought you had to order the XR-7 package to get the leather interior -- and even at that, only the front seat bottoms and backs were leather- everything else was vinyl.

Any of you others have any knowledge on this subject?

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I don't believe that the interior is leather. I thought you had to order the XR-7 package to get the leather interior -- and even at that, only the front seat bottoms and backs were leather- everything else was vinyl.

Any of you others have any knowledge on this subject?

Ken
You are mostly correct. Standard Cougars of all years had all vinyl or the optional vinyl w/cloth inserts beginning in 1969. XR7's of all years are as you describe except that only the pleated inserts on the front seats are leather and the rear upper seat back, above the pleats, is also leather. With the XR7 package, you could also delete the standard leather and it was replaced with comfortweave or you could get the houndstooth cloth inserts instead of leather/vinyl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts