Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motor rebuilt at 75k miles, has polar white exterior and aqua leather interior, interior is very good , has one one inch tear on drivers door armrest, door codes body 65b, color m, int 6k, date o4c, dso 46, axleg, trans u, both rear quarters replaced, need to move to make room for other projects, cougar will be sold with the standard steel wheels and suitable tires installed, wheels in pics are no longer avalable, thanks for looking, 13,000.00 or make offer [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...cougar will be sold with standard black steel wheels and hubcaps if i still have them...
You might want to clarify the above, it almost sounds as if you might be selling the car with no wheels.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What is the cars location?

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yes, it is the same car, bought locally off craig's list not very long ago.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just curious, what has been the highest total you've been offered for this car on eBay? Is it something you put a lot of time into, or is it something you are looking to flip and make a quick buck?

If the latter is the case, the folks that monitor these boards are pretty good at catching this kind of thing. And a lot of these people are tied into the cougar community across the country, so they will probably know about what you paid for it from craigslist originally, and then they see your markup after only a short period of ownership.

With that said, you do have a nice car as far as I can tell. It's a big block cougar S-code, with an unusual color combo. If there seems to be some other problem with the car, I'd say the blue interior is a bit loud for many people. Even though it's unusual, folks may not like the carolina blue interior. Wanting to change it, either by painting it or swapping it out with a different color is a lot of work. And will cost money to whoever buys it.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I wish you the best of luck with your sale.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, i have owned this car for over 5 years, highest offer locally has been 9500, ebay not even close, pretty sure i will lose on it as i bought it when prices were more unrealistic compared to now, just looking to sell as there are others i want to get started on, i am aware the interior is loud but it is what it is, thank you

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I think the interior is one of the best aspects of the car. It is a real 60's color statement. New cars are dull with maybe two or three interior colors at most.

What I think really hurts your offer is that you are removing what you think are valuable parts. It just regrades the value when you even mention this stuff. It's like looking at a foreclosed house where the previous opwner has pulled the worn out appliances as if they were something special. It just creates the smell of defeat. The car is MORE valuable with the original radio and air cleaner than with some junk after market stuff. You should make the changes you see fit and then sell the car with out the extra noise about what you are taking off the car. I think that investing in a set of reproduction styled steel wheels might add more to the selling price than they would cost to buy.

This is all just my opinion of course, and I do wish you well with the sale... Sometimes the problem is poor marketing not a poor market.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I love the interior. When I finally do get my car, it will either be white interior, black interior, or aqua interior.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the interior is one of the best aspects of the car. It is a real 60's color statement. New cars are dull with maybe two or three interior colors at most.

What i think really hurts your offer is that you are removing what you think are valuable parts. It just regrades the value when you even mention this stuff. It's like looking at a foreclosed house where the previous opwner has pulled the worn out appliances as if they were something special. It just creates the smell of defeat. The car is more valuable with the original radio and air cleaner than with some junk after market stuff. You should make the changes you see fit and then sell the car with out the extra noise about what you are taking off the car. I think that investing in a set of reproduction styled steel wheels might add more to the selling price than they would cost to buy.

This is all just my opinion of course, and i do wish you well with the sale... Sometimes the problem is poor marketing not a poor market.
actually the orig air cleaner and chrome lid are included as is the heavy orig intake

·
Registered
292 Posts
actually, i have owned this car for over 5 years, highest offer locally has been 9500, ebay not even close, pretty sure i will lose on it as i bought it when prices were more unrealistic compared to now, just looking to sell as there are others i want to get started on, i am aware the interior is loud but it is what it is, thank you
No offense meant.... just giving you an opinion. I actually owned a Mustang II that was smurf blue inside and out, so I am used to the blue, myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts