Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the complete harness in my cougar front to back. Does anyone make one or can I use one from a mustang?? Thanks for any input

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
There are a few vendors that have what you need. A mustang harness will not work. Get in touch with West coast classic cougars, or one of the other vendors, and do it the right/easy way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if those harnesses are the glass tube fuses or the new style?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Any harness from a parted out car will have the original style fuse. You might be able to wire in a different fuse box with the original style harness, if you are up to that much wiring. I don't like wiring so much...

·
Registered
653 Posts
There are a few vendors that have what you need. A mustang harness will not work. Get in touch with West coast classic cougars, or one of the other vendors, and do it the right/easy way.
unless someone has released one recently no vender makes a complete harness other the the small section of engine harness that is the same as a mustang.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Right. I was thinking a new 'used' harness that didn't need repaired, I wasn't very clear about that, sorry..There are a few stores that part out cars and will have what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts