Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&item=271000915344&_trkparms=algo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=4&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=25361186721405586&cmd=ViewItem#ht_2062wt_1165

1968 MERCURY COUGAR

"13,996 ORIGINAL MILES"

MOST DOCUMENTED 68 COUGAR IN EXISTENCE!!!!!

****NO RESERVE****

FACTORY POWER STEERING

ORIGINAL BLACK CHERRY PAINT

ALL ORIGINAL BLACK INTERIOR "LIKE NEW CONDITION"

SELECT SHIFT MERC_O_MATIC

SPORTS CONSOLE

AM RADIO

MATCHING #S 289 V8

ORIGINAL HUB CAPS

OUTRAGEUOS CONDITION!!!!

RUNS LIKE NEW

SOLID!!! SOLID!!! SOLID!!! ALL AROUND....RUST FREE!!!!

HIDEAWAY HEADLIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS WORK PERFECTLY

ALSO COMES WITH ORIGINAL MATS

ORIGINAL BOOKS/WINDOW STICKER/BILL OF SALE/WARRANTY/KEYS/PROTECTO PLATE/MAINTANCE BOOKS/RECIPTS OF PAID NOTE FROM 68..ETC...ETC...ETC...

THIS IS A ONE OWNER VECHILE THATS IS A 100% SURVIVOR,SHE DRIVES LIKE BRAND NEW, EVERYTHING WORKS FROM INTERIOR LIGHTS TO WIPERS TO RADIO,ETC.... BODY IS 100% LAZOR STRAIGHT WITH NO RUST ISSUES AT ALL, FLOORS FRAME AND TRUNK ARE BEST IVE EVER SEEN. THE INTERIOR IS ALL ORIGINAL AND LOOKS NEW!!! "TIME CAPSULE" EXTERIOR IS CALLED"BLACK CHERRY"..PAINT SHINES GREAT BUT IS SHOWING ITS AGE WITH SOME FADE FROM AGE..PAINT STILL LOOKS GREAT AND SHOWS VERY WELL, THE DOCUMENTATION IS UNREAL. IM TOLD BY A COUGAR "FANATIC" THAT THIS IS THE MOST HIGHLY DOCUMENTED ONE IN EXISTENCE, EVEN HAS ORIGINAL STICKERS IN GLOVE BOX AND ON REAR PLATE FRAME.REMEMBER ITS THE ORIGINAL UNTOUCHED 289 V8 AND RUNS SMOOTH AND MINT!! TRANS ALSO ORIG MATCHING #S AND SHIFTS PERFECT!! ..REALLY RUNS AS SMOOTH AND NICE AS IT DID IN "68"...

HISTORY: THE ORIGINAL OWNER "JOHN" PURCHASED THIS CAR BRAND NEW FROM STEVEN-LINC MERC"BROOKLYN" ON 06/10/1968..VERY SOON AFTER WAS INJURED AND UNABLE TO DRIVE.. THE CAR HAS BEEN GARAGED EVER SINCE AND MAINTAINED BY A MERCURY TECH.. ANYTHING OVER THE YEARS WHICH NEEDED UPDATING WAS DONE SO WITH ORIGINAL PARTS... THE CAR WAS DRIVEN FROM THE BROOKLYN GARGAGE TO MY GARAGE ON LONG ISLAND AND DROVE LIKE BRAND NEW"ABSOLUTLY AMAZING" MUST BE SEEN AND DRIVEN TO APPRECIATE!!! IM A PRIVATE COLLECTOR AND MORE OF A CADILLAC GURU THEN A MUSCLE CAR GUY..BUT JUST COULDNT PASS THIS BABY UP..I HAVE EVERY PIECE OF DOCUMENTATION YOU COULD ASK FOR AND OF COUSE ALL WILL GO WITH THE CAR....I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW THIS ORIGINAL INTERIOR FROM DASH TO SEATS TO HEADLINER TO GAUGES LOOKS BRAND NEW

PLEASE IF YOUR INTERESTED COME CHECK HER OUT!! I ENCOURAGE IT... IM A PRIVATE COLLECTOR AND A CLASSIC CAR FANATIC!!

MY FEED BACK IS 100% PLEASE BID WITH CONFIDENCE

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS CAR IS OFFERED FOR SALE SINCE 68

I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION , HIGH BIDDER WILL OWN IT

IM RUNNING THIS CAR WITH NO RESERVE CAUSE I KNOW IT'LL BRING MARKET VALUE

I CAN HELP ARRANGE SHIPPING IF NEEDED

$1000 DEPOSIT DUE 48HOURS OF AUCTION END,FULL PAY 7 DAYS. NO ACCEPTIONS!!

PLEASE , SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY

ASK QUESTIONS PRIOR TO BIDDING

BUYERS RESPONSEABILITY TO INSPECT PRIOR TO BIDDING

THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL AND RARE CAR , GOOD LUCK

PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR BUY IT NOW OPTION

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Could you imagine buying a brand new car for $3,070? <sigh> Not even a down paymnet now....

What a sharp car that is!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was looking at this car off Craigslist a week ago. The seller told me he sold it to his neightbor and last night it pops up on EBay. I wish I'd lived closer.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I love seeing preserved original cars like this. So cool! Just look at the condition of those hubcaps, especially how the centers are still bright red. You never see that. (When Don offered me replacement hubcaps for mine when he saw my battered originals, I could barely find 4 with any red remaining in the whole stack of '68 std. hubcaps) And the chrome on the dash gauge bezel looks as good as new. No cracks in the steering wheel. Perfect dash pad. Etc.

It's one thing to have a nice restored car, but a car this nice that is all-original is just such a cool and rare thing to see.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I agree, this car is beau-ti-ful! A nice, clean, decently optioned Plain Jane car in outstanding original condition.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Could you imagine buying a brand new car for $3,070? <sigh> Not even a down paymnet now....

What a sharp car that is!
3200 is about 21000 in today's dollars sooooo you could buy a base mustang for that today...just saying...

I did like the 20 deposit though...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If it had a vinyl top my wife would kill me when I brought it home!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow, that is nice. Are those the original seats, different pattern to my '68, my pleats go the other way, those seats look similar to a Mustang. Mine is booked in for the upholster this weekend, no more split vinyl covers and squeeky springs.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes, that is the standard (non-Decor) '68 Cougar interior. My '68 has that same interior.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Emailed about it through ebay. Asked for more pics of the usual. He sent seven pics with a reply "that's a lot of pics". Take a look. If there is anyone close by to it, I am really interested. Its a time factor to get there right now, so another set of eyes would be appreciated.
MORE COGAR PICS 001.jpg MORE COGAR PICS 002.jpg MORE COGAR PICS 004.jpg MORE COGAR PICS 006.jpg MORE COGAR PICS 009.jpg

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
couple more
MORE COGAR PICS 008.jpg MORE COGAR PICS 011.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Greg, called also. He did not have time to show car. Joe said he would be at Lake George all weekend. Did he give you a stop e bay price? Also said I could look at car after 7pm. Might miss alot of detail at night. Just food for thought. John

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Well, we know at least that it has had exhaust work and at least one PS hose...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts