1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
That must mean that my Standard with the same engine and 4 speed is worth at least 10K in it's present condition right?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
That's a great looking car. I'm sure people will nit pick it but if that car is solid (as in rust free) I think the price is reasonable to ask. Beautiful car!!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Really nice car and my favorite '68 color. I'm not going to nitpick, but I have to question why a car with 33K on it needed a repaint and new seat covers.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would have to see the underside before buying this one, if it soent anytime driving in the DC area during the winter it was exposed to the salt and crap we use to try and clear the roads. I also wonder why it needed paint and seat covers.

·
11,000 Posts
Looks like a good old Cougar but it would be characterized honestly as an amateur restoration. The mileage may be +100K from what the seller states.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Looks like 133,000 miles to me. My 68 J code, 100,000, has original paint which still has it's shine as it has always been in a garage. So either this car is 133,000 miles or it has spent it's entire life outside which means a host of other possible issues in nooks and crannies. I simply don't believe this car has averaged 825 miles per year. Mine had 74,000 miles in the first four years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts