Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my my price for this car will be 8500.00(no rush to sell)(would consider a trade for a good daily driver 67-70 that is all done and complete, send pictures).For this g project with the following,as is rolling project,with title,original hood with scoop,front and rear valance(these items do need a little work but are the originals),console,mirror,all wiring(dash,taillights and engine) on the car, glass,original badges and emblems,disc brake set up(have to rebuild)all is there booster,proportioning valve and spindles,rotors and brake pedal,has power steering, all the original sunroof and its used parts that go with it,headlight grills,taillights,and bumpers,has steering columns
for sure car needs engine,tranny,passenger quarter,floor pans,and rest of P1020692.jpg interior and dash.
Ill throw in a set of NOS floorpans!!!a used passenger fender,and a set of rear leafsprings
frames are good no rust out up front,i b P1020627.jpg elieve all the ac stuff under dash is there to if not ill get box and blower for it too.
I have figured the difference in parting it and selling it whol P1020318.jpg e, i hope someone buys it whole and uses it to rebuild or get another g car on the road.Whoever buys the car ill sale you a whole NOS wheel well mouldin P1020658.jpg g set half off.
PASS THE WORD IF YOU know anyone truly looking for a g project.
Original keys included too.
im open to taking payments too!! P1020730.jpg
its a x code had a 390,c6 in it

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
John, can you post the door data tag info. Thanks and good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Bravo!
Thank you for selling as a package, and not scattering the original G parts to the wind.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Bravo!
Thank you for selling as a package, and not scattering the original G parts to the wind.
X2. I'd like to see someone save it.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do guys its out there on the table ill even throw in a 302 and c4 motor core if someone wants to have to drive until they can get a 390 back in it.
thanks john
parts are worth it but im not in rush and the sunroof is worth it

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
John, you may want to try listing the car on Ebay - to see what the market value might bring. It is pretty much free to list the car, and then it's a $100 to $125 final sale fee if the car actually hits your reserve price and sells....
Best of Luck on the sale.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Scott
Im not rushing it anywhere yet..still have some others talking so with this shoulder surgery, I really cant move to fast these days,but with christmas and new years coming who knows what it might do.
Im still trying to recoup and go through some other stuff,but might consider that i know they eat you up in the end on there fees.thanks
john

·
Registered
437 Posts
What's the build date of the car? I have a complete original 51k X code 390 w/C6, from a rusty 28C car.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P1020834.jpg P1020831.jpg really nice inner approns on this car..the more I look this car is going to be great for someone..i found the trunk will need replaced,the floors and maybe either rework the passenger quarter or replace..the driver door has a small hole at bottom corner needs hinges,the driver fender pretty good,the driver quarter pretty good, the roof is fine..the firewall is fine..the trunk pans one tiny pen hole in the passenger top one, driver side is fine..the drop offf in the floor pan area are solid, just surface rust the front frame rails are great, the rockers are great..
the headlight boxes, i dont think i saw any rust on them but until they came off the car i couldnt see the bottoms..
merry christmas..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
69 vert ,call me if you need to voice a concern please!!!yes the trunk lid is bad.. Im not asking for the comments that i think your trying to say..BUT you know that either a g car looker or a parts guys know what is here on this project, either you part it and make the funds or you put it together and make it back to what it is..I know I have helped you out with sending your small items up for your convertible, tags and bolts, and I hope your not being a smart butt with your comment( i dont really think your interested in the car)..If your not interested in the car why even waste time and make a comment. Please..Its a forsale car page,and it is for questions concerning the car and getting other information on the car..Please lets keep this ad to all questions or answers about the car only. Ill send photos of what people want to see or answer..
thank you..
the comment page is up under the discussion part section on this forum for this type of person that would like to voice their 2 cents worth good or bad..its in the eyes of the holder or the future rebuilder.Its a G car, not for the tight butt type person looking for give aways forsure.But ones who charish the spirit of this type car and know the rarity. Have a nice day.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
John,

Fair enough. If I have an opinion about the car/sale, I will put it on the other thread. Didn't mean to mess up the for sale thread with opinion comments.

That being said, I think some of your other comments were uncalled for.

You have a nice day as well.

Bob

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Apparently no-one is allowed to have an opinion. Last time I checked, this is called a FORUM. A forum by defintion John is a public meeting or assembly for open discussion. John, you can name your price as high or as low as you choose since it is your car, but to chastise one for his humble opinion, sounds pretty weak to me.

You don't want public comments, just put the car for sale on Ebay or Craigslist where you control public opinion on your post or add. That would not be a Forum.

You have mentioned a dozen times that you are not in a hurry to sell this car. Enough with the broken record, your price says that explicitly. I sincerely hope that you get your price John cuz that would only mean good things for me and the value of my (2) G cars. But I tend to be more of a realist, not a dreamer. Should you get $8500 for that car, I will gladly eat my words and offer an apology on my humble comments. But my comments are not in spite, they are honest opinion.

Now please comment away on my comment.

And yes, Merry Christmas to all!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Thanks Zog.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
always the same couple guys just got to have something in that buddy system..Never fails..LOOK the discusion and opinion poll is up top, not in the forsale place forum..Thats all Im saying,but its usually the same 3 or 4 guys that always just cant let it go..NO problem guys..You guys are your own..I just dont know why its the same guys doing this. Let the guys in the parts and car section sale their items ask questions (yes that is what its for) Discussion about something is above in the other forum. As noted it was discussed before posting it before posting it in the sale place, EVERYONE has a opinion, it just seems if you dont like someone asking you to move it to the other part of this forum,you guys get very gangful and try to jump on your buddies back and ride with him. Im trying to sale a car, not ask for your opinion in this ad!(your opinion can be made in the discussion ad about the car bad or good) Just trying to not make this a comment thread thank you. Have a nice day.Glad things havent changed much on the buddy train!! as always call me if you have any thing to say..Im a very nice guy and straight up with any answers or concerns.843 8716140 Thats all I ask.
And you two always have a nice day also.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts