Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I came across this listing on CL. I live here in Savannah and can check it out if anyone is interested. I'm no middle man though. I wont handle money or determine any type of transactions nor will I appraise the value of the car. I will simply look at what you want me to.

<SECTION id=postingbody>"All original,one owner Dan Gurney Special ! Beautiful condition! Stored for 35 years and runs and drives like a dream! Everything works,even the air conditioning! Must reluctantly sell to pay back taxes and is breaking my heart! 83,000 original miles. Absolutely no rust! Not sure i want to do this,and may change my mind. Could bring over 30,000.00 at auction."</SECTION>

http://savannah.craigslist.org/cto/4992028763.html

·
Registered
401 Posts
A Dan Gurney sticker does not make a Dan Gurney Special. Has wrong hub caps and no chrome valve covers or chrome air cleaner lid. Maybe $15K. Dudes's dreaming at $20k. Car has been for sale for a while!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
If I'm remembering correctly, the 1968 Dan Gurney Special actually wasn't much more than a sticker. The turbine wheel covers may have been the only other item in the package. The chrome engine dress-up was 1967 only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts