Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I just purchased a 1968 Cougar. I am new to this car.

I actually bought it for my father and I to restore. He had a Cougar when he was younger.

He has recently been talking about his "bucket list" and some type of restoration project was on it. Well. I found this Cougar and decided to buy it.

It seems to be a complete car. C4 trans is missing. Needs the floor pan and rt rear quarter replaced. Of course there is more, I just have not gone over it in detail yet.

Where should I begin on this car, any advice is appreciated.

8 = 1968

F = Dearborn

91 = Standard Hardtop

C = 289 2V

Let me know if any of that is wrong, please.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Why not add your location to your profile, there may be somebody near by that can help....

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Can you post some pictures, so we can see what you are looking at? There are a few ways to prioritize your build, depending on your skill level, and financial condition. Usually making the car a safe driver is a good place to start, then work on what ever cosmetics need the most attention.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Hey - your in ECI territory! Welcome, and let us know how it's going....

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
As you said the car has no transmission in it, now would be a really, really good time to look into an O/D set up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will post pics soon. Yes. The car has no transmission. I was thinking about a 302 with an AOD already. Not sure. We will see.

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts