Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I really hate to do this, but circumstances beyond my control are forcing me to sell my BamaCat. Pictures are located in the Photo Gallery (will provide more if you request them). Here are the details:

Photo Gallery Pics

Competition Orange 1968 Mercury Cougar with 1970 Eliminator paint scheme, rear wing, and hood spoiler. Newly rebuild 351W 4-barrel from 1969 Cougar with less than 2000 miles. Cro-Moly rings, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock Performer 750cfm carb, new power steering hoses, 1" front sway bar, rear traction bars, Shelby handling modifications (lowered upper control arms, etc.), new KYB gas shocks, air conditioning (R134 conversion, just needs to be charged), new front and rear glass, chrome in great condition, Torq Thrust D wheels and new Summit tires, dual exhaust, very, very fast car. Minor things to still be done: Headliner needs to be installed (have new headliner in the box), new power steering pump needed , new package tray needs to be installed (have new package tray, also included), rear sequential turn signals need a new emergency relay to sequence properly, needs new horns, and the hide-a-way headlights need new vacuum hoses as they will open automatically, but you must close manually. All of the chrome trim pieces are off the windows so the headliner can be installed. Once the headliner is installed, front and rear glass need to be sealed and chrome reattached. The car has great black vinyl interior (original except driver's seat cover), new carpets, etc. I have pictures available via email or you can call to come see it. Have a few extras that come with the car such as a B&M Shift Kit, miscellaneous sequential parts, and new choke cable. $6500 OBO (Please contact me, I am negotiable).
Contact: Shannon Dew, [email protected].com, home 334-448-7894 work 706-660-7513

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Please guys, I need to move this...I'm definitely willing to come down within reason. Make an offer!

Oh yeah, around 63000 miles on the car total, around 2000 on the engine. I'd be willing to deliver within reason. Make me an offer before it goes to eBay.

Forgot to mention that it has power disc brakes off of a 77 Grenada on the front and power drums in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price drop

I guess I was probably a bit unrealistic in my price expectations.

First $5000 takes it before I go to eBay.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Shannon, I dont think it's unrealistic at all. I posted my car for sale on here also, but really have no hope in selling it through here. The reason is most everyone here has one already. I just figure on the outside chance someone is looking for one and they cruise on in here there is a chance, or if one of the owners on here have a friend looking for one, its annother chance. Good luck mm

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Try vintage-mustang.com

BamaCat, if you haven't sold it yet, try advertising it on the classifieds at http://www.vintage-mustang.com. There are lots of folks there who also like Cougars and the site is extremely active.

You should get some quick responses to a car as nice as yours. Also, if you need a site to host some pics, I'll post them on my site for you.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Too bad it had to go, but glad it worked out for you and I hope you got what you needed out of it. How did it sell? Through here or localy. mm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts