Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for documentation for my Bendix radio out of my 1968 Cougar. The part number is F8TBZ. The manual number that I have is from www.bendixradiofoundation.com. It is 4080195-0001. I am unable to download the manual from the site. I find information about the manual, like part number and original date of publication, but nothing about downloading it.

Anyone have any experience or documentation about this radio?

Robert Seeds
Apopka

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have two of these radios - neither worked when I got them. The typical failure is the output transistors which are in a strange button package but can be replaced using TO220 transistors. Not many of the other parts are available. If you need buttons or tuning mechanism, a parts radio is your only hope.

I managed to get a copy of this manual back in the '80s when the local radio repair shop was still in business. I'll get it scanned. I also bought the SAMS Photofacts Auto Radio Vol 54 that covers this radio. I have most of the other applicable SAMS books too but you only need 2 - the AM 8-track (AR54, AM-FM (AR54), and AM (AR48) are mostly the same internally from 1968 to 1970. These books can be found on Ebay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts