Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my baby that I need to sell . I would like for someone on the site to buy this instead of posting on ebay. The motor is a 1969 351W with Holley 650, edblock rpm intake, mild cam, has petronix unit, headman shorty headers .I have 2" dual exhust with flowmaster 2 chambers alumin pipe . The rearend is 9" posy with 370 gears .Performance built C4 tranny by Jackson Racing. The paint job is 3 years old and and interior too . I would like to get 7500.00 .I live in Flat Rock, NC . If interested please email for more info [email protected]ellsouth.net

Thanks
lowrider

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've seen your car on FaceBook, on the "68 Cougar" page. It does have a beautiful interior! Can you take more pics of the interior, like the dash? Just want to see how the leather ends on the center counsel.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to redo the interior in leather, with the nice pinstripes, and 'cat' etching? Even though my interior is black, would love to 'leather' it out!

To be honest, if I saw your car about 3 months ago, it would have been mine! Your car is in MUCH better shape than mine, and is around 6 grand cheaper than what I paid for mine! In my opinion, you aren't asking enough for it!

Do you have any of the A/C components, or was that not originally a factory A/C car?

How many miles are on it?

After looking at it again, is it an XR7? I thought it was by the center counsel, but I don't see any badging?

John

·
Registered
352 Posts
Great job on your car it looks very nice. Price seems more than fair.
Does it have power steering or brakes? Front disc or drum?

Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've seen your car on FaceBook, on the "68 Cougar" page. It does have a beautiful interior! Can you take more pics of the interior, like the dash? Just want to see how the leather ends on the center counsel.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to redo the interior in leather, with the nice pinstripes, and 'cat' etching? Even though my interior is black, would love to 'leather' it out!

To be honest, if I saw your car about 3 months ago, it would have been mine! Your car is in MUCH better shape than mine, and is around 6 grand cheaper than what I paid for mine! In my opinion, you aren't asking enough for it!

Do you have any of the A/C components, or was that not originally a factory A/C car?

How many miles are on it?

After looking at it again, is it an XR7? I thought it was by the center counsel, but I don't see any badging?

John
My thoughts exactly, wish I had seen this one back in July when I bought mine. You're not far from me either.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the car was ac but was gone when i bought it all that is there is vents and switch.No its a standard cougar not XR7 .The motor has 20,000 miles on it .The interior was done by a shop around here it is vinly not leather was around 900.00 to do seats ,headliner and vinly top.will have more pictures poste later in weekend .No power brakes has disc front from ford grandan and drum rear .no power streering either gone before i got it did come from factory with it

·
Registered
173 Posts
the car was ac but was gone when i bought it all that is there is vents and switch.No its a standard cougar not XR7 .The motor has 20,000 miles on it .The interior was done by a shop around here it is vinly not leather was around 900.00 to do seats ,headliner and vinly top.will have more pictures poste later in weekend .No power brakes has disc front from ford grandan and drum rear .no power streering either gone before i got it did come from factory with it

The NO power steering/brakes kind of sucks!

What does "ford grandan" mean?

I can't believe it's vinyl! It looks like leather to me! Still want to see the other pics.

John

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Drooooooooooooooooooool

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ford Granada front disc brakes.

Dale in Indy
So, I'm taking that to mean that the car was originally drum brakes, then was converted to disc?

John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it was oringally drum up front converted to disc.will have more pictures posted in the next few days .thanks Brady

·
Registered
173 Posts
Im keeping my car for now things have changed sorry to post i was.
thanks
lowrider

You might want to tell "68 Cougar" on facebook that, as he has your car posted, with an e-mail to contact for more information.

John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John I went on facebook to find him I couldnt find him there or here can someone help reach him to let him know its not forsale now. How do I delete my posting of the ad on here too is it possible thanks again

·
Registered
173 Posts
John I went on facebook to find him I couldnt find him there or here can someone help reach him to let him know its not forsale now. How do I delete my posting of the ad on here too is it possible thanks again

I don't know how to delete this thread, as I'm relatively new on here. But, I did post a comment on the "68 Cougar" page, and I think the guy understood. I also put down this thread as a link, so he can see your not selling it. I don't see his comment on Facebook anymore, so hopefully the guy took it off. You might want to go back on Facebook, and delete your pictures, as only you can do that, I'm sure.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts