Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must sell off one of the cats to make room in the den.
1968 Cougar
Maroon with white vinly top.
390-4v, C-6 auto trans, PS, DB, console, Auto meter tach,
121,000 miles.

The car is in great condition, it appears stock on the outside and interior, but the engine is modified. It is repainted with lacquer paint and the body is straight, no rust. Stock tires and wheels in a 205/75/14 in size. The hubcaps are a plain set of unknown origion. I have a set of Centerline Auto Drag type wheels and tires in a 225/60/14 in front and 255/60/15 in rear that I could sell with it for a more agressive look. Top is excellent, only about a year and a half old. The headlights and turnsignals work.
The interior is also maroon and in good condition. the front seats are high back buckets from a more recent model, but the originals come with it . They would need recovering. Carpet and headliner and dash are all good. Kenwood am/fm/cassete.
The car originally had a 289 and C-4 trans. now it is the 390/C-6 combo. High perf engine rebuild with about 20,000 miles. Edelbrock Carb, Crane cam, Headers, I don't have all of the specs on the engine , I didn't work on that. Turbo mufflers on a dual exhuast that terminates at the axle. Heavy duty rebuild with shift kit in the trans. It also has a tranny cooler and has about 5000 miles on it. It has a 9 in rear end.
The car is in Elk Grove, Ca. and is sold as is of course; but I will answer any questions about it ,and I could get you pictures if interested.
Asking $4,700 obo

Contact Lee @ (916) 684-9363 or (916)965-7365
or email [email protected]

·
Registered
240 Posts
wow! :) sounds like an awesome cat. along with an awesome price. maybe i'll sell my cat and buy yours :D wonder if i coudl get that price on mine :rolleyes: but yea good luck with selling that one hope you get a good buyer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds very tempting, however, I wish it was a true GT. I've been looking for a couple of months now and it appears that there aren't very many 68 GT's out there to be had (let alone one in my neck of the woods). Very frustrating, but I suppose it will be worth it once I find her. Any suggestions from anyone in helping my search would be greatly appreciated. My worry is that there may be more for sale in local papers than I can find over the net:confused:

In any case, I don't think you'll have a problem selling yours at that price and that condition. Good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
jjsj

I've got a 67 XR7 GT I was considering selling. I see your looking for a 68. If intersted let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I am not too computer savy, I was also called away from home at an inoportune time, but I think I can get some pictures by Friday. I am not sure about posting them. I could send them directly to you if you like.

LEE

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm still interested. Please e-mail me pics when you get them and I'd like to see a copy of the appraisel if it's not too much trouble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 68 for sale has a pic in the members galleries as soon as it is approved and I can send it and others by email if requested.
LEE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts