1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Jay, ya, this one has been here before and one of the one's I would not want to own. There are a number of them that have been done right and look very good.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
"go look at West Coast Classic Cougar ,,and look at his GTE project
its a 427 gte convert ,,done in black and silver .."
What is this he's talking about?

·
Registered
173 Posts
"go look at West Coast Classic Cougar ,,and look at his GTE project
its a 427 gte convert ,,done in black and silver .."
What is this he's talking about?
I remember they had that gte project but all i ever saw of it was a shell completely stripped down. over time it didnt look like they updated the page. I used to wonder about that car. so yeah did they ever finish that?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
My understanding is that it's still a work in progress. I'd love to see it finished because, when I talked to Don several years ago at Carlisle while he was looking over CatVert, it sounded like he had some really good plans for the final product. I also love the color combination and want to see what it looks like with an interior and roof!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing Don's GTE vert finished as well. Hurry up, Don.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Regarding the '68 'vert in this thread by Jay, there's an interesting article about it in the June 2011 issue of ATSOTC (At The Sign Of The Cat) with 4 pics of it on pages 8-9. John

·
Registered
85 Posts
I notice that first one is in Michigan. I wonder if it is the one I saw this past summer driving through my town here.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Andy,

Both links show the same car..

thanks
pat

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, that would make sense.

My memory is kind of hazy on it, I was stopped at a light making a left, and it crossed in front of me, and I sat there for a minute thinking "Did I really just see that." I didn't get a really good look, and don't remember all of the details on it exactly, but the picture in the Orlando Craigslist ad looks more familiar...

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I've started an unofficial registry of 67-68 Cougar convertible conversions. You can check to see if the one you've spotted is there or just send me a link to it. I'd like to add any that aren't there now. As you'll see, there are also quite a few that I have very little or no information on, so anything that helps fill in the blanks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As I said, I only saw it briefly cross the intersection in front of me. I can't tell you any more than it was metallic grey or silver. It may also have been that "TG7" car you have pictured at the Detroit autorama.

I'll keep an eye out for it again this year, and if I see it I'll try to chase it down.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
If i remember correctly kevin marti had a 67-8 convertible in a few books for cougars.Does anyone know if he still owns this convertible? IIRC he was the 1st to do this conversion.

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Pat, Kevin still has his convertible as far as I know. If you want to see pictures of it when it was profiled in a magazine article, it's the second one on my 67-68 convertible page. With a business to run, Kevin doesn't get to spend much time with it these days, but it was still in his garage a few years ago when Phil Parcells visited.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts