Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a stash of parts a while back just getting through a few more of them.
Picked up this 390 motor, has original chrome valve covers label has c8 numbers
Heads I see a date code of 8J3 ON THEM.. DOES has the crank shaft and the front timing pan and the rocker arms and stands as shown,engine mounts are on it.. as is..

Ill separate the parts from it maybe if need be. I wont ship motor.

I have other parts Ill post later.
I also have
NOS intake valves
NOS motor mounts to frame
NOS big block carb for manual car
and more coming soon.
PLease text me I can send more pictures or information if needed or email me [email protected] or 8 four 3 670 1602.
thanks
John

Attachments

·
6,980 Posts
John, Sept 1968 casting date would be for a 1969 engine. Pictures don't show drilled and tapped holes for Thermactor in the cylinder heads, do they? Can't tell from the pictures but it doesn't look like it. 14 bolt holes on those cylinder heads for exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just posted the date code correction if that helps ..
the guy said it was for a 69 cougar he was doing.
IF you need other pictures tell me where you need them taken.
thanks
JOhn

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bell housing has left and no longer available sorry, but a lot of this is still available
remember ILL BE coming down for turkey run in Daytona florida at end of month for a visit.
ill be staying right next to track so I can bring parts down to save on shipping just email me or text me
I can also meet you on I95 from south Carolina to florida at exit if needed too.
Happy Holidays
Anything from 1967-1973 NOS or Used , some reproduction parts.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happy Holidays to all the guys and gals in our cougar world. Be safe this next couple weeks and have a happy new years.
Look forward to next year.
John

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well bumping this back up.. remember if you need Nos or used parts ,just ask..ill check.. just pulled out 5 68 nos rockers for 68 cougar for the trim.. if you need pictures, text me.. also, down to one full set of wheel lip mouldings nos, have a few sets for the rears left and a few singles for the passenger side fender.. down to last nos antenna, still have outer door handles, and nos radios, have nice set of speaker pods, mercury script emblems, valances and more.. just message me [email protected] or text me easier 84three6701602 remember also a lot a lot of used parts, NO HOODS, OR DASH PADS..thanks John south Carolina I have a 68 rolling shell too with disc brakes power steering, not a bad body, no glass, no motor or interior, might be a good donor for someone. Last one.. will also, be stripping last 68 out the door here soon.. has disc brakes, and power steering set up.. the drive train is going to my buddy.. body is trashed. but might save a few metal parts.. after that, who knows if ill ever have any other bodies around here..lol but plenty of parts always.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts