1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Wow, super rare car being a 68 428CJ and not a GTE, wonder if it's an auto or 4 spd car. This is a cougar that you can put the money into and then some. If somebody gets pics of it , please post them on here. This bad economy is bringing some rare cars out, while at the same time making it a good time to buy; if you have the cash.

Didn't realize it was 175K, I'm guessing this won't be a typo like the 390 4 spd G car that was bought earlier this year.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Wow, super rare car ...

Didn't realize it was 175K, I'm guessing this won't be a typo like the 390 4 spd G car that was bought earlier this year.
LOL! Yeah, i was like "oh, $17.5K, thats totally reasonable... oh wait... $175k! Yoinks!" :bloated:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
My 1st take was $17.5K too. But $175K, Better put up lots of good photos for that kind of money !

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Well known (Gorgeous) car that is on the registry and has been pictured / discussed here every year when it comes up for sale. Bill Quay sold the car not too long ago for $40k (ish)

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Look real nice. Not my favorite color but better than Red !

·
11,000 Posts
I've examined this car and judged it at Carlisle one year. Much repaint if not a total repaint. Check the color mismatch between the fender, door and rear quarter in the picture. I would call it an older restoration.

Still a very nice, extremely desirable car in wonderful condition.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Was going to comment on the fact the door looked to have been repainted at some time as it doesn't match the fender or quarter. I guess that extra paint warrants a bump from $40k to $175k.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Current value? So what the best guess on correct value for this car today? $60K?

·
11,000 Posts
I am guessing something like $85K to the right guy. Value is not really known on a one of a kind item until the money changes hands. You don't know how desperate the seller is. Judging by his asking price I would say he doesn't need to sell right now.

Current value? So what the best guess on correct value for this car today? $60K?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I wonder if it sold, the listing has been deleted by the author. I noticed on the Marti report on the link that koo-ger listed that the car was built 3 days after mine.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there a registry for the non GT-E 428CJ cars? If so, what is their contact info?

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts