Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1967 Standard A code(289 4V) A/C console power steering AM 8 track
Lime frost/Ivy Gold.
No rust some dents needs full restoration or part out.
Have Build sheet.
Complete less Engine/Trans.
Current registration no DMV nightmares
$600 obo

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why are all of the cool project/parts cars always on the coasts? I'm interested, but a little too far away...:(

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because the California climate preserves cars so that you guys with that white stuff, how do you say it, snow? Will have a car to restore without that rust stuff. You need this car!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yes sir, you do need this car. hell, CO isnt that far away. and it has the bad ass California black plates on it!!! id go for it, but im looking for a 69 now. Gary... know anyone with one for cheap?? remember a guy at the SoCal meetings with a 69 Vert who said he had a running coupe for a grand. im thinking i might go and take a look, but forgot his name and number. DOH!!!.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come and get it, I will buy lunch!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I need to sell my 67 DGS

I have 2 and have decided to do a full restoration on my 68 XR7. To do this I need to sell my 67 DGS.
The 67 DGS is not loaded but is a complete turn-key car that has not been hot rodded or molested. It could be driven and/or restored. Everything works.
The few modifications that were done were ones that could have been done at the factory or dealer. I added an NOS clock, and replaced the 2v intake/carb with a period factory ford cast intake and 4v carb. (For the purist, I kept the original 2v setup and all hardware and clock blank). I have a working '67 AM/FM that has not been installed. It can be bought separate or depending on price the car sells for, it can go with the car. I replaced the single exhaust with an aluminized dual exhaust system last spring.

It was originally a San Diego car (hence the Calif emissions), and has about 90K documented miles. I have all the paperwork on this car from bill of sale to window sticker, etc....

I repainted it myself and kept it Sage Gold/Ivy Gold(interior)
I know that amongst the ford folks Sage Gold isnt a desireable color, but I kinda liked it well enough not to change it. Nothing worse than going to a car show and seeing only the "popular" colors...... Kinda like the colors you dont see too many of.... Like prefering the cougar to the mustang, its kinda different.
As far as equipment, it has PS, AT, AM radio, DGS, California Emissions, chrome merc head wheels. 289 4V/Dual exhaust. I added a NOS clock and
Chrome is excellent, Body is very solid as are the floorpans. I am not a body man, but the body was straight enough for me to tackle painting it myself. The only area where there was a little rust was around the back glass and some surface rust under the drivers rear quarter glass.

It sits on a fairly new set of Toyo Z wsw radials ('bout 4K miles).
Well maintained. New alternator/battery, radiator, hoses, water pump, Master Cyl, Ps hoses and all the PS stuff underneith, brakes and brake hoses, U-joints, etc...... you get the picture..... like I said turn-key car.

Down side: Since I painted it, its not perfect. It could stand to be wet sanded..... needs valve seals or valve guides. Puffs a lil bit if it sits, but not bad enuf to foul the plugs.

Gonna start at $5,500.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My real Cougar is Cinnamon Frost, I love it! The fact that it's an odd color and even with people calling it the brown Cougar it's still a nice color, and I wouldn't paint it any other color but the original.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
an interior shot of the Car for sale

Here is an Ivy Gold interior. Driver's seat worn passenger's looks perfect as does the rear seat bottom top is ripped.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 more

The rear seat

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
COUGAR COLOR

YUP, Actually the reason I painted it was because it was in Honalulu for 28 yrs. The paint finish was that of suede when I got it. Tried to wet sand it and buff it but it was too thin..... Plus at one point the RR Quarter was repainted and didnt match.....
But the color to me is kinda nice. It looks different during the day than it does at night. It looks gold at nite and silver during the day.
:eek:)

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buy my console for $600 and I will throw in the 1967 Cougar that surrounds it!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
About $500 for the Engine / Trans. I am probably going to sell the car complete for $1000 if interested

·
Registered
8 Posts
by "needs full restoration" do you mean that it needs a new engine/transmission? or that it needs those plus other work classified under "full restoration" like apholstery, dash work, paint, major bondo, etc...

Eric Jones

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It most likely needs full restoration.
Full means everything, paint body interior engine transmission.
I was buying it for the engine which I had planned on rebuilding.
If you are looking to put a battery in it and drive it home, I doubt this is the car for you, if you want a car with a lot of potential and a good foundation for a restoration this is the car for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts