Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my sons car back together. We did not take it apart. Been sitting for 20 years. Got headlights and front marker lights but nothing in the back. Where do the the tail light relay and module mount and do they have to be grounded. I have a cut pair of wires, where do they go? Wire for the fuel gauge is cut, where did it come from. Thanks for any help you can give.

Last picture is the looped wire. The plug they go into has two wires in each terminal.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
There is another wiring harness that comes down the passenger side. It then runs across just in front of the trunk. It has two conections that take three prongs. That is also where the trunk light plugs in and just before the trunk light will be the wires for the fuel sender unit. In the first picture you have the sequencer. It hangs on the two hooks on the drivers side in the trunk. On the drivers side just outboard and up from the tail lights is where the small two wire relay goes. Did I confuse ya? Hopefully that is some help. Also there are two ground wires in the tail light harness just about in the middle. They screw into the bracket the trunk latch support goes into. On the driver side just below or is it above the round hole.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, We forgot about the passenger harness.We now have tail lights and the middle right turns signal flashes. Both middle flash on the hazards. Turn signal lever is broken off and and wont go to the left. Going to get a new switch and now to figure out why the sequential dont work. Motor is spinning.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled the hazard relay apart and cleaned the points. Now if I hold it the sequential work. Guess time to replace the relay. Son is dieing to get the car on the road. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed a new relay and turn signal switch and they work perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts