Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 1967 or 1968 Big Block Cougar. I am looking for a complete parts car (at least the drivetrain) or a daily driver. I would like to convert my 1968 Cougar over. I would also consider a car that is done if the price is ok. I would like it to be within somewhat reasonable driving distance of Bowling Green, KY. A 4-speed is prefered, but an automatic is ok as well. Logan, thanks for the board.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I might be able to help you out, check out the posting I just put up, and remember thats the asking price but if you were serious in really buying the car we can work with you on the price.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Good luck, Paddy. That post you answered is over 4 years old.......

Reactions: bowl

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!!!

Thanks for the offer on the car. It is at least one decimal place away from what I would like to spend on a car (and well more than I would spend on a parts car). I know you said, "or best offer", but I would not even want to insult you. It is a little too far away to drive to see from a curiosity standpoint. Actually, if I were to spend $45,000 on a car, I would look into buying a DeTomaso Pantera.

·
Registered
10 Posts
<st1:City><st1:place>
1968 CLASSIC MERCURY COUGAR <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
FOR <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>SALE</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The Mercury Cougar was classified as a Muscle Cars along with the Mustang, and the Camero. It first came out in 1967.<o:p></o:p>

“The Cougar was very much a performance car. It was an up-market version of the Mustang with the same performance options but in a more luxurious interior.” Jim Glastonbury, Muscle Cars 2005<o:p></o:p>
Car Life Magazine describes the Mercury Cougar as, “A Mustang with class,” noting that it had better suspension. It is also known as the “big brother” to the Mustang. The Cougar is heavier, strong and well developed. <o:p></o:p>

The ‘68 Cougar is more of a “luxury sports car” with a better equipped interior, and more noise insulation than the Mustang.<o:p></o:p>

Characteristics of our Cougar: See photos<o:p></o:p>

Dark Green color<o:p></o:p>

Automatic transmission<o:p></o:p>

Vinyl high-back bucket seats with leather accents very good condition<o:p></o:p>

Map pockets on seat backs<o:p></o:p>

V-8 standard engine<o:p></o:p>

Original parts<o:p></o:p>

289 cu. in (4.7 liter) V-8 engine<o:p></o:p>

Not in running condition<o:p></o:p>

Last driven in 1976<o:p></o:p>

When last running: needed carburetor work<o:p></o:p>

Some mild damage to inside wiring under dashboard from the kids<o:p></o:p>

Location: <st1:place><st1:City>Boulder</st1:City> <st1:State>Colorado-</st1:State></st1:place> dry climate<o:p></o:p>

Garaged since 1982<o:p></o:p>

Sole owners within same family<o:p></o:p>

Low mileage: 83,000 miles<o:p></o:p>

Body is in good condition except for dent on right door. <o:p></o:p>

</st1:place></st1:City>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts