Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1967 XR7 Cougar manual brakes. pedal ratio?

Going through the motions to size up a master cylinders through tiltonand one question they asked was, my pedal ratio? Ie: 6:1,5:1 etc? anyone see this info in their travels. the car a 67,manual brakes with manual brake pedal and is a stick car. thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Maybe that is a pivot ratio? I.E., how the pedal part (foot pad), VS the top of the pedal (that works the push rod)?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah maybe thats how I should have worded it. here is the question tilton asked:What is the motion ratio of your brake pedal (5.5:1, 6.2:1, etc)?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If someone has a manual brake pedal out of there car and could spare a minute to give me some measurements I could figure it out. im just in no shape to be crammed under the dash at the moment because of recent surgery.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all I need dimension wise, is the distance from the center of the pivot point to the bottom of the pedal pad which we would call dimension "A".Then i need the distance between the pivot point and the actuating rod for the master,distance needs to be center to center which we will call dimension "B". So then we have the equation

A(length of pedal) / B (distance between pivot point)=C (pedal ratio)

Example: 9"/ 1.5"=6 making the ratio 6:1

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it figured out. the stock pedal manual pedal is 6.5:1 ratio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts