Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1967 Mercury Cougar for sale. Georgia car bought in 1992 in Northern Illinois. Engine is from a 1970 Cougar and is a 351 Cleveland - yes, a Cleveland - 8 bolt valve covers.
Manual drums, power steering, XR-7 dash and front seats, XR-7 interior comes with car but is not installed at the present time (stock interior). Car has no noticible rust. RED paint. Has aftermarket rims. Needs headliner repaired and needs ball joints. No rust at shock towers. Was driven daily a few years ago and has been garaged since.

·
Registered
889 Posts
AND......HOW MUCH

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET OUT OF IT?POST UP A PICTURE AND I CAN GET A BETTER IDEA OF THE PACKAGE. DAN

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reply to "how much"

i will try to get a picture from someone who can put the picture in their computer and send it. i have a WEB TV only and as you know it only has some capabilities - i might be able to buy a scanner. what would this car that i have described sell for ?

·
Registered
889 Posts
value?

Thats really hard to say. you can look up the "book value"at the kelly blue book site as well as others.there is a 1 to 5 scale for classics.that should givee you a ballpark figure.Then there is if someone wants it bad enough to pay your price then you make out.But if your way out of line with the price then park it and make a planter out of it Dan

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's hard to say without a picture but the bluebook value ranges from 2k-12k. I'd say its worth about $5,500,but it's only worth as much as someone will pay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Wolfcycle, describe the condition of your car in more detail, for instance is that Cleveland running? - sheetmetal, glass, paint, chrome, electrics etc and of course try to get a pic(s) up to see. It's virtually impossible to put a price on a car without knowing all about it or seeing it.
Reason I'm asking is that I'm looking for a nice 67 or 68 that will hopefully be an XR7 driver. I am NOT interested in a big project - been there done that too many times - but would look at a minimal fixer upper.
I have a deep & long time reverence for these cars as a member of the L-M design team at Ford for the "new Cougar" derivative of the Mustang and was quite involved in the original XR7s. Unfortunately over the years I never owned one, opting for other FoMoCo products and later some Mopars. But now, buyer's remorse has set in and I'm on a cat hunt!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I think you got bit by a puter ghost, this thread is from 2002

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
XMdesign said:
I have a deep & long time reverence for these cars as a member of the L-M design team at Ford for the "new Cougar" derivative of the Mustang and was quite involved in the original XR7s. Unfortunately over the years I never owned one, opting for other FoMoCo products and later some Mopars. But now, buyer's remorse has set in and I'm on a cat hunt!
Sure, this is an old post, but what is the "new Cougar" derivative of the Mustang? Are you talking about a Mercury version of the current 05 Mustang? Also, what was your involvement with the original XR7? If so............details!!

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
XMdesign said:
Hey Wolfcycle, describe the condition of your car in more detail, for instance is that Cleveland running? - sheetmetal, glass, paint, chrome, electrics etc and of course try to get a pic(s) up to see. It's virtually impossible to put a price on a car without knowing all about it or seeing it.
Reason I'm asking is that I'm looking for a nice 67 or 68 that will hopefully be an XR7 driver. I am NOT interested in a big project - been there done that too many times - but would look at a minimal fixer upper.
XMdesign
Here are three places to look too as well as Ebay.

Oh, by the way. Please tell the LM PR people that when it comes time for the photo shoots make sure the 67 and 68s have straight headlight doors.
Even if you have to stick towels under them!

http://www.traderonline.com/

http://www.cougarclub.org/

http://members4.boardhost.com/ClassicCougar/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts