Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3352625916.html

I just found out about this site and became a member.

I am selling the 1967 GT S-code, 4 speed, bench seat, two tone paint job car. Quite the unique cat--not your ordinary GT. I know that Cougar #1 (Pinkerton's '67 Cougar) Was also a Cardinal Red with a white top, except I think his was a white vinyl, whereas mine is a white painted top. I haven't gotten a Marti report done on it, but I am certian it's a 1 of 1 car. I hate to sell it, but I haven't had the resources to do what I had planned to do with it.

It has a lot of potential as is. The two big downfalls are that it needs a new driver side quarter panel skin, and someone added an aftermarket sunroof at some point (they did a good job on it though--almost looks like it would have came with it).

I have had a few flaky people from CL in my area who were interested, and one guy wants to buy it, but it's not a done deal yet. Anyone have a good idea of what this car is really worth or a good price for it? I'm looking to get $4,650 OBO...I know I could never find another one for this price, let alone find one like this.

The car looks better in person, and would look a whole LOT better with nice wheels on it. And the interior is cleaner now than it is in the pics.

Thanks for your interest in my car and any info you want to share about how rare this car is/value, etc. Feel free to email me or call me @ 253-508-8550.
Jerrod

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Jerrd I wouldn't hesitate to buy your car for 5K as described. As always value is whatever people are willing to pay for it. My workshop is full with a 70 vert, 67 XR7 and a boat :/ Pictures sell. Make sure you have shots of the underside, floorpans, rails, trunk. a 4Speed GT is a great car. Fully restored it's probably a 12-15K car. Takes a lot of dollars to get to that point though.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input and advice my car Spartikus and Mike_B_SVT. Yeah I am torn about letting it go because I know I won't be able to find another GT 4 speed car for this price. I have had only one guy in my area look at it and he wanted it for dirt cheap at 3.3k and then finally haggled his way to 4k. So I guess that's where it is right now. I feel like it's worth more than that, but like you said--the value is whatever people are willing to pay for it. He's the first one to come look at it though, and he wants it..so who knows.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for your input and advice my car Spartikus and Mike_B_SVT. Yeah I am torn about letting it go because I know I won't be able to find another GT 4 speed car for this price. I have had only one guy in my area look at it and he wanted it for dirt cheap at 3.3k and then finally haggled his way to 4k. So I guess that's where it is right now. I feel like it's worth more than that, but like you said--the value is whatever people are willing to pay for it. He's the first one to come look at it though, and he wants it..so who knows.
Just a question, does this fellow who low balled you a younger fellow with his father in tow, by younger, I think he might be in his late 20's early 30's. Reason I ask, is someone from your area was trying to low ball me on my car. Finally came back after I had pulled the 302 that did not belong in it, and then tried to go even lower. sent him off with his tail between his legs. Hope you get what you want, Would love to add another to my stable, but life put a kabosh on the cash.
Lloyd

·
Registered
563 Posts
I remember seeing your ad or ads on Craigslist before. Don't you have around 4 Cougars for sale and a few that are GTs?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I do see the corner of another cat in the last pic......67/68 From the pics it sure looks pretty solid - hard telling though. Worth the effort for sure! Good luck on the sale

·
Registered
563 Posts
Jerrd I wouldn't hesitate to buy your car for 5K as described. As always value is whatever people are willing to pay for it. My workshop is full with a 70 vert, 67 XR7 and a boat :/ Pictures sell. Make sure you have shots of the underside, floorpans, rails, trunk. a 4Speed GT is a great car. Fully restored it's probably a 12-15K car. Takes a lot of dollars to get to that point though.

Best of luck.

How much would it cost to restore this car? Quality body and paint work is very expensive in my part of the country. Not to mention the costly interior restoration. For what I've seen these cars selling for, it looks like a losing proposition unless money is no object.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, yes I do have one more '67 GT 4 speed car. It's more of a basket case due to needing floor pan work. I have a regular C-code/Auto tranny, A/C car--maroon ext, black interior...had been restored but the hood blew off on me while going down the freeway (yanked the hinges off with it), so now that one is sitting due to not being able to legally drive it without a hood. And lastly I have a black ext, black int. XR-7 car...just an F code, Auto tranny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts