Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if a 67 grille will fit a 68? WCCC states there are some differences between the years, but really doesn't go into it...

I have been trying to make two grilles fit as one and as I dove into it found some significant cracks...so I am scouring to see if I can get a functioning set, but would hate to end up buying a 67 set if they are that different (or won't work at all) on a 68.

Putting grill in here for people searching no the alternate spelling... :uhoh:

Thanks for the help!

Chad

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
They'll interchange. The only difference is some reinforcment on the pot metal pieces...hard to explain but easy to point out if you have the two next to each other.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
jb has that right---the 67 was designed to crack where the grill front meets the center vert upright---i actually made a gusset that i screwed in place and after painting it black , knowone has ever pointed it out---it could have been the grill pcs i had but the "argent" color was different between a 67 grill and a 68 grill

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I believe the eyelids are also year specific, using a different pivot point. Using a complete grill side will work fine like JB said.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I had a 68 cover that would not fasten to my 67. Bolt pattern for screwing to the pivot was diff in that the center top screw was offset to one side and not centered like the 67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts