Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1967 For sale

4K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  KTMNealio 
#1 ·
1967 Cougar. Just over 100K original miles.
Factory 289 4v
Factory Chrome wheels
Merc-o-matic floor shift automatic
bench seat
Interior and vinyl top are in excellent shape
carpet needs replacing
trans was rebuilt just before I parked her 8 years ago.

All pretty straight except for left rear panel where someone swiped me while pulling out of a parking lot. When she was running the headlights and taillights both worked fully.

I've owned this machine for over 10 years and was going to do a full resto on it, but I just don't have the time. I would rather it go to someone who will do something with her.

Hopeing to get $2500, but I will negotiate.

E-mail:
KTMNealio@yahoo.com

Thanks,
- Aaron "Nealio" Neal

See less See more
#2 ·
why are you guys all so far away??????????? MAN!!! i like how that car sounds alot......... umm, are you looking to get rid of it in a hurry?? if not maybe i can work something out. ive been looking for a 67/8 and a bench seat one? hmmmm, gives me all teh reason i need to part the 70 out.....

#3 ·
So far?!? You West Coast guys are spoiled!!:1poke:
I found my 69 out in Salt Lake City, got a video of her, heard her run, flew out and drove her back here to NH. Left on Monday PM and got her home midday on Thursday. Idaho's a walk in the park if you want it bad enough. How bad have you got it? :D

#5 ·
id really like to get it.. but in order to do so i need to raise some money. to do that i need to part out a 70 Cougar i found or sell it as a whole. but legalities are taking their time with resolving this issue and getting the car in my hands. so i need to wait and get that first then i can get it. you said the car was parked... does it run? if not how much will it take to get it to do so? i might be willing to do the unthinkable and drive an unsure car back several hunderd miles lol.

#6 ·
Well, when I parked it, it was running great. That was a while ago. 8 years. Originally I was just going to park it for a year and then fix it up. Then 2 years. Then 5. Now 8 has passed.. :-(
We might be able to work something out where I can trailer it to you too??
If you are serious, I'll clean it up this weekend and take some pics with my Nikon digital and send em to ya or post em..

- Nealio

#7 ·
yes, i am serious. i almost bought another car off of someone on this board. but then i came across a 70 that was abandoned. then i had visions of fixing that one until i realized that i needed the cash and id really rather have a 67/8 like i originally wanted to build. i have my 69 already, so that kinda covers the 69/70 years. yes, i really do want the car.... but like i said, i do need to finish dealing with the 70 and get the money from that to put towards another car. ill try to work that out this week, and see what happens there. if you can take pics that would be killer. take pics of what you can esp any damaged areas, rust ect.

#9 ·
DSL. and thanks. what color is it by the way?

#10 ·
Its burgandy. I think it was gold or metallic green originally though. I thought it had original paint (since it had only 70K miles when I bought it), but it had been repainted metallic burgandy (under the trunk mat its gold/metallic green - I don't remember which). It looked good waxed up back then.. ! ;)
- Nealio

#11 ·
Dang Steve,

Sounds like my cars twin... my 67 bench was that lime frost polly avacado puke nasty green originally. Then painted red. Of course I got mine for $1000 and drove it home. Sure, it took 7 hours for a 3 hour trip, but it made it.. eventually. Good thing it was only like 100 out there in the desert where I bought it.. :)

Robert

#12 ·
Ok, I took a bunch of pics and 3 quicktime movies. You might have to right click on the movies and download them if they don't play for you. Its a quicktime deal, I don't know why some browsers don't play the movie.
Anyway, I looked the car over while taking shots of it and I don't see any rust (well besides surface rust) anywhere. It should be a good car for someone. The carpet is junk, along with the paint, but the headliner, and top are excellent and the interior is real good. I took a pic of the "damaged" area so you could see what happened to it.

I'm uploading the files right now, so it should be ready for viewing at 3:00 PST.

http://www.teamdeath.com/cougar/

I'll check back after it uploads to make sure everything works.
Thanks,
- Aaron

#14 ·
im still here lol... im waiting on the 70 though, so if someone comes along and makes you an offer, its ok. the car looks great, but im not sure when everything with the 70 is gonna work out. its in impound now, so ill have to wait for the legalities to work out first to get ahold of it first.

#17 ·
man if you were only closer i would love to add your car to my stable but wife would kill me but wouldnt be the first time. i will see if i canhelp pass the word though.

#20 ·
Nealio,
Have you placed any ads on the Cougar Club of Americas web page? or Auto Trader? I also am layed off so I could not make any reasonable offers. I do have a goos running 66 390 with a 68 "S" intake I couls offer. But then how would we transport if it were any thing you needed. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.