Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new dash pad for my '67. Need it to be a blueish color or able to be dyed. I'm lookin' for this ASAP.
Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, I need one too... I've had the car for a week. I'm already tired of the split and bowed dash always staring at me like it's a gap-toothed inbred smiling back at me...

Is there a secret stash of these things somewhere?

Anyone? Anyone?

Can ya hear me now?? good... can ya hear me now?? good

Robert

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only place I have found is a company called JustDashes. I'm not sure if you are familiar with them or not, but they don't sell you a new dash, they restore your old one. (It is outrageously expensive). I NEED to find somewhere else. I know they are out there! Someone tell me the secret :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi Guys!! A lot of cougar parts vendors will carry reproductions I know that Mustangs Unlimited does and probably Cascade Classics. If you want an original check out West Coast Classic Cougars, Don has a bunch of cougars for parts. Then there is always eBay...the odd nice dash pad pops up now and then. But in all cases expect to pay a good buck!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
yeah, I had seen them somewhere, Mustangs Unlimited maybe..

they were going for something like $350 as I recall. Youch! Does that come with some sort of lubricant and maybe a kiss?

Guess I'll keep looking, there's not much of mine to rebuild... it's so heat damaged that it's shrunk (is that really a word?) and pulled away from the ends into a "smile" with a split from front to back, the area above the guages is droopy... quite the combo...

Guess I'll keep lookin...

Robert

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this sux! I CANNOT find one. Not even a repo one. I've emailed multiple places and they all tell me "sorry, not at this time" or something to that resort. Someone plz help me!! I want this dash replaced ASAP!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey 67, if you tell us which vendors you contacted so far, maybe someone will come up with one that you haven't reached yet?

PS. Did you see the pad for sale in 67-68 Parts for Sale?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
I just got a blue one in with some very small cracks on the psg side. It could probably be fixed and then redyed. Email me if you are interested. John @ Cascade Classics (253) 863-5669.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I"m currently at work, but as soon as I get home I'll post the vendors that I've already tried. I'm so eager to get a new dash pad. I want one NOW! :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, a few of the places I have tried and people that I have talked to are: Cascade Classics, West Coast Classic Cougars, JustDashes, Cougars Unlimited, Dashes Direct, and a couple others that I don't quite remember at this time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
was just wondering if anyone has found anything yet? I'm still looking cuz I don't want to wait until the end of August.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not me.. I'm still looking too. Hell, I can't even get the guy on ebay to send me shipping costs for a light assembly I won a week ago... I watch my auctions, when those suckers end, there be emails a flyin!!! hehe

Good luck, lemme know when ya find something.

Robert

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dark blue dash

i just sold one with a complete car attached to it. it commanded a very good price. heck it was still soft to the touch. sorry!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
The latest word from the supplier is the end of June. The first run will be black, but they are also planning on blue and maroon. Looks like around $350-$375. I'm sure they will appear on EBay and go for much higher so beware. Let me know if you need one and I'll contact you just as soon a they are available. Thanks. John @ Cascade Classics (253) 863-5669.

·
Registered
110 Posts
67 dash

there's a place in CA. that can redo your current dash in any color you want. name is Just dashes in hemmings. phone# is 800-247-3274 or online at www.justdashes.com. give them a call maybe they can help ya out.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
mustang plus and alot of others have dash caps for 69.00 you glue em down and they if done right dont look half bad from the ones i have seen and it is a group cheeper than a new one. matters on what you want to spend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts