Full build thread here:

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?86857-1967-Cougar-build

More details here:

Highlights:

TCP front suspension and R&P steering
Baer front brakes with Baer Remaster MC
DA VariShock shocks all around
CalTracks with split mono leaf springs in the rear
Genuine Ford 9" 1970 Mustang housing with nodular case and Detroit Locker 4.33 gear aka Drag Pak (2000 RPM @ 70 MPH)
Strange axles
Double CV carbon fiber driveshaft
Gen IV aluminum block (LH8) 5.3L with Holley HiRam and dual DBW throttle bodies (325 RWHP) Runs high 12s @ 107 mph
Holley Dominator ECU
T56 transmission with G-Force gears and dog-rings (rated for 1000HP)
Almost perfect stock interior (driver's cushion has a small rip, some minor cracks in the dash)
Bluetooth stereo with Polk Audio speakers and small subwoofer

The car is super reliable and can be driven anywhere. I have done many reliability modifications, like LED tail-lights, solid state sequential turn signals, electronic headlight doors, relays for headlights, etc...

The dog-ring trans may not be for everyone, but I am open to negotiation for installing a regular T56 (F-body) or 4L60E (both will work without changing the driveshaft). If someone is interested in just the rolling chassis, I am also open to keeping my engine and trans. Any Ford engine and transmission can easily be installed.

$29,000

Andrew

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Good luck with the sale Andrew.

#4 ·
If you do sell the cougar what's your next car to build? Or you wanting the money for the new house?

Just curious, are you going to move on off this web site? I've enjoyed your projects and how you go about them, I feel like we all have learned a few new things watching you go through this cougar.

Michael

#5 ·
Michael,

I don't have plans for a future build, but I have some ideas...too many! and really not enough time or place to build anything right now.

I will be around. I like this forum because people seem mature and friendly. That's not always the case with other forums. If you want to see cool builds, check out:

http://www.pro-touring.com/forums/60-Project-Updates

Tons of Fords being build, along with many other things.

Andrew

#14 ·
Bringing this back up.

New price: $19,000

The dogring T56 is still in the car, but I have a regular T56 to go in once a sale is pending.

I also have most of the parts needed to add electronic steering. This includes a Toyota Prius column, steering ECU, and a couple of shaft adapters. I also have a TCP bump steer correction kit that will be included.

I am open to delivering the car within a reasonable distance provided a one way plane ticket is purchased by the buyer (flying back to Birmingham, AL).

The rear tires are new (installed in May 2018). The front tires will need to be replaced soon.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Andrew

#16 ·
Thanks Don. I have purchased quite a few parts from you guys that have contributed to making the car more reliable!

I literally drive the car every day, so yeah, if it doesn't sell, I will keep enjoying it!!! Although, I do want to start another project.

You guys should make "Mercury Man" horn button inserts for the Grant steering wheels. I made one for mine by making a silicone mold from the washer fluid cap and casting it in resin. If you got a good designer in-house, small batches can be 3D printed.

Andrew

#17 ·
#18 ·
Bumping this up for the Cougar crowd.

I will entertain offers as a roller. I will keep the engine (EFI system), trans, and driveshaft.

To recap:

All original interior in great shape.
Now has electronic steering that works awesome.
Complete tubular suspension from TCP.
TCP steering rack.
CalTracs and springs
Double adjustable VariShocks on all corners
Baer disc brakes
EFI ready gas tank
Electronic headlight conversion
LED bulbs
Solid state sequential module

Tons of other upgrades.

Drop in the engine and trans of your choice and rock on!

Let's make a deal!

Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.