Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on posting pictures.

We are selling our cougar because of a personal emergency which forces us to leave the USA and go back home to Sweden. If you're interested, just send me an offer and ill take it into consideration. The car is located in San Diego, california.

1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7
Engine : 302 from an 1987 mustang (replaced from a 289)
Mallory electrical ignition, edelbrock performance intake, Holly 750 carb.
Original 3 speed auto C3
3.00 gear ratio
Power brakes, used to have air conditioning and power steering
Sequential taillights work
Runs good, been our daily driver since December 2011.
Needs new reupholstery (headliner and seats)
New paint would look good

We bought the car in December 2011 with the plans of doing a long term restoration. The car is very solid, some rust but overall very good, California car.
Runs very good. Some previous owner swapped in a '87 302 from a mustang and put a carburetor on it. They then removed the air conditioning compressor and the power steering pump. Everything else is there, meaning you can install the pump and compressor and have both power steering and air conditioning.
The car needs some new interior, new headliner and new seat covers. Costs about $500.
The headlight covers needs new hoses and refurbished vacuum actuators.
Half of the car has been painted by a previous owner. Not a complete match.

We're asking $4000 for the car. It runs good and would be a great project car. As many of you know these cars get plenty of thumbs up.

Please send me an email or give me a call if there is anything more you want to know.

Pierre **619 277 7923 *[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts