Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally a 2bbl standard Model with a center counsel and Factory air.
Engine-289 cid bored .30 over. The engine was COMPLETELY disassembled and rebuilt. Has about 100 miles on it since rebuild which consisted of new main, rod and cam bearings. New oil pump, all new gaskets and seals, New timing chain, rebuilt water pump. Cam Shaft from Summit Racing (SUM-CCRN223), The Heads were rebuilt with new Hydraulic lifters, springs and valve seals. The Heads and block were boiled to clean and deck surfaces were checked for level and all OK. The exhaust port Air Pump bosses were ground down to give more breathing. Cooling hoses are Goodyear Hi-Milers,
There is a 4 bbl aluminum intake and a Edlebrock 600 CFM 1406 squarebore Carb with Electric Choke.
Distributor is a factory OEM with a Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition conversion and a Petronix 40,000 volt Flame-Thrower Coil.
New Rebuilt Alternator.
The Transmission- the transmission is a ‘70-up C-4 3 speed auto bought from TCI Performance Transmissions. (Street Fighter Transmission; '70-'82 C4) with a ‘H’ code Shift Servo.
Also a NEW C4 Sizzler Torque Converter which is 400rpm stall over stock, great for a street cruiser.
There is about $1300.00 in the transmission alone. Price it yourself on the TCI website.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Again this all has about 100 miles on the rebuild.
<o:p> </o:p>
The Front end has been redone with New Upper control arm assemblies with Shafts and ball joints, Rebuilt P.S. control valve, new P.S. lines. Sway bar links and mount bushings are new. New Brakes on all 4 corners, Wheel Cylinders, Hardware, shoes, Hoses, about 300 miles on them,
When this was being done the front end was COMPLETELY disassembled, Inspected and any parts that needed cleaning or replacing was done.
The rear axle is a 8” that is factory 2.79 gears non-locking.
Heater Box was disassembled and re-sealed and a new heater core was installed. This is a Factory equipped A/C car and the compressor mount is in my basement.
Sheet Metal- Floor pans, Seat mounts, Left side toe board. R/R floor pan, L/F torque Box was fixed with new metal and a R/F torque box was added. Some rust spots were removed from the inner fenders and replaced with fresh metal.
Interior was all redone. Seats, Dash pad, Carpet, Headliner. The door panels were re- built with new masonite. It was accented with red stripping. It looks great! Doors, Hood and truck have all new weather-stripping.
Headlight assemblies were dis-assembled, cleaned, re-bushed and re-assembled and both work great. One has a new Vacuum motor.
Sequential turn signals work fine and tail lights have been dis-assembled, cleaned and re-assembled. All original relay motors.
I also have assembly manuals, lots of technical sheets and some tools as well. All go with the car. Also have a rear spoiler and front chin spoiler that are not on the car.
As you can see I have put a lot of time and money into this car. Roughly about $15,000 dollars. I have other things going on now and the toys are the first to go.
I am Firm at a $8000.00 asking price and this car runs great and solid.
Feel free to call me at 636-461-1957. St. Louis Area.
I know how hard it is to find a good car as I put drove many miles looking myself. This is a great car and It runs like a champ!
I'll puts some pics up soon But here is a link to my Facebook--
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2051457&id=1411532279

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Wow real nice Cougar! Sorry to see you selling but best of luck. It's a beauty for a real good price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts