·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #121

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Well it's all black! It is straight as an arror. Now we gotta assemble it! The body shop will do the major assembly and line up. I'm getting closer. Give me time it's only been 34 years...............

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Well yes and no. I am nervous dumping the cvash into it with everything that is going on. I am also older and I am concerned it may not be comfortable to drive

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I's going back togethere today! The body guy said the hood is next. We gotta do the trim and the seat belts. I am thinking of putting the gas fill in the top of the passenger quarter panel.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #128

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #129

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Thanks.
He told me he is finishing up this week. I will be getting it back soon. He is installing the deck lid molding and rear quarter molding. I bought everything from Don. The stuff came out awesome! I can't wait to put the new chrome on. Right now I am knee deep in restoring my 1970. It came off the rotisserie and I am detailing and installing the suspension. stuff. So the Cougar will need to wait until after the 70 is running

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
The 70 Stang is a pain. It's a 70 SCJ so it need to be perfect. I am painting everything under the car though. There is a lot of items that are suppose to be bare metal. I am using epoxy primer and then paint. That way it will remain stable. I don't want rust. The eastwood paints are pretty close. It's nice to assemble because every part is restored first.

The Cougar is gonna need some loving to though. I like the way the 71-3 moldings look. The dash came back and the chrome was perfect. Thomas from instrument specialties was real good but kinda slow. The wait was worth it though. Just send your parts in early. A 6 month wait is normal I guess. My parts were sent in 2018. They had trouble with plating them I guess.
I am not sure where I am going to start. Perhaps the headliner and glass. Once it has glass it looks like a car. I'm gonna need to shell out some dough for the elec window conversion. You can't roll the windows up and down with the roll bar! I will need to send the bumpers to Don for the new ones (exchange program). It would be nice to get all the lights in the car working again as well. Finally put the door handles on after 30 years! The rear seat area is going to be a pain with the tubs. I will make something to cover the rear tank and seal the passenger compartment. I think they sell one for a Stang I can but and modify

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
sounds like a great plan .. hope everything goes smoothly ..and yes it seems like all the good restorers will take longer then you ever dreamed ...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
We couldn't fit the gas fill in. Since the tank is now in the trunk it is too high. I need to have the tank welded with a new fill. I am going to use this fill
I will mount it high on the 1/4 panel. It is similar to the Cobra fills but a little smaller so it fits in the 1/4

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
It is always touchy to start cutting and drilling holes in a brand new paint job... I was trying to figure out if that cap is a sealed cap or vented ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I am going to weld a 10 AN vent into the fill tube. The tank has 10 AN vents on the top of it. I will make a small line to go from the tank to the tube. That should do the trick!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I just ordered the full power window kit from CJ pony parts. I am not sure what to do about glass. I was thinking a repro kit. I want it to look new...……...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #140

Well I bought the smoked glass kit. Hopefully it will fit well. I'll post pics when done. I am currently waiting on the gas tank to be removed welded and the filler neck added. The body shop is going to have a rubber gasket made to allow the gas fill to stand up correctly. It should be a cool fill. Maybe I will add a cut off switch where the old fill was. This stuff is getting expensive!

121 - 140 of 141 Posts