Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got back into cougars again, I had my last one when I was 18 in 1985......I've bought two in the past few months. One is a 68 390 bench seat model that I drive some, and the other is a 67 GT . The 67 I bought in pieces, meaning someone took it down to an almost bare shell and has reworked the body, it is all metal and the only part left on shell is right rear lower quarterpanel. The "shell" is in dp40 primer and the engine area is really nice and in black primer. The parts to the car all came in boxes, and I believe most all of it to be there.....I still haven't went through it all.
I race stock cars and I just don't think I am going to have the time for awhile to do one this far apart, although to make a nice one this would be ideal.
This car came with a posi 9 inch rearend that has been cleaned up and repainted end to end. It came with a really nice green interior although I would have changed interior colors. It has factory tinted glass, a brand new front end bushings,a frames,etc. kit still in the box with a 450.00 c.o.d. tag on it. Too many parts to list but imagine it is all the parts to put a car together except wheels and tires.
I wanted to take the 390 and C6 out of my 68 and put them in this 67 since it is an original 390GT car, and I want a small block for my driver anyways. If you are interested in car and wanted my 390 and C6 I am willing to sell them with it as I would eventually anyways. I don't know exactly what all is worth but am willing to entertain offers.....I would think the car is worth a couple thousand anyways, and I would like to have somewhere around three thousand with the engine and tranny. It would make a really good project for someone to do one the right way I just don't have the time and don't think I will have the time for several years so here is a good chance to get one that has already had alot of hard work done to it. You can call anytime and leave message at 636-925-8888 or email me at [email protected]......thanks in advance......Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
67 Cougar GT

Hello Modified. I am very interested in the 67 GT. I have been looking for one for a long time. 3 grand sounds more than reasonable. My only problem is that I am in New Jersey and I will not be able to make such a trip until summer is over due to my job. If you think you could wait a while on selling than send me an e-mail at [email protected] or call anytime (732)309-4258. Thank you for your time.

Robert A. McGuire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts