1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Wow that looks pretty nice for a CT car. Wish it was for sale when I was looking too. It's a lot closer than where my car came from LOL. Really nice it's a 4 sp car too. Would have to check and see what's original driveline wise. He also is selling a nice looking S code fastback Stang project up for sale. I want both!!! LOL.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What's your guess on reserve price? $6000? Although it is mostly complete, it is missing several high dollar parts, the 4 speed console, the 390 air cleaner, and the 22 inch fan shroud. Those parts could easily cost you $2000. I like the color combo!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Not to PICK ON THE SELLER, but look who it is................... The console may have JUST been removed from the car, and the NEW owner, may find out later that the seller JUST happens to have one on the shelf. I wonder where it might have come from, hehehe. Just a wild guess, nothing personal.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I like it. Nordic Blue one of my favorite colors !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried getting ahold of the seller to find out what he was looking for the car. He said just to bid, he wants to know what the car is worth. Bought the car for a project but doesnt know if he wants to keep it or get rid of it. My guess is he has a high reserve probably higher than 6k and is tryin to flip the car for a high profit. Here is the email he sent me.

"Hi just over night I have had a lot of intested email on my rare cougar! I bought this car to restore, because I had one of these in High school in 1978 I just many to many cars and project car to keep it. I really want to see how much it is worth to someone! I don't have it 4 sale locally I just said that so if someone offered me a real good offer I would end to auction early!"

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gman what was the price of the car on craigslist when you saw it?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
So seller had the console when it was for sale on CL, but now he doesn't. Hmmm. Wonder if it is now with the parts car? As they used to say on the old TV show "Laugh In" (for us older human beings) "very interesting".

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I'd sell mine for 5K and it's in better shape rust wise.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Nice rare car imo. Probably in my price range but not worth ending my marriage over ;) I'll finish up the 70 vert and pass it on before I bite off another project. IMO 5-6k is a smoking deal on an XR7 GT 4 speed.

Wasn't some guy asking 15-20k for a very similar condition XR7 GT down in AZ last year? Pretty sure I "got into it" with someone about that car but anyways anything south of 7-8k for this car looks like a deal from what I can see.. (Key words.. "What I can see" ;) )

Best o luck if anyone hits the reserve on it.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Says "no title". Does CT not require titles for certain age vehicles? How big an issue will it be? Greg

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Yes, the seller is correct, no title is needed to buy, sell , and register vehicles in CT if they have reached a certain age. I believe it is 15 or 25 years or older but I'm not 100% sure. You CAN get a title for older cars but it is a real hassle and can involve sometimes posting a bond to make sure the car does not have any issues with ownership in the past. However you have to be registering the car in CT to get one.

I do not believe the seller would be able to get one without it taking a few months of time and effort plus the cost of posting the bond since he does not even mention an out of state title. I was told this info by a CT Dept. of Motor Vehicles worker when I wanted to get titles for my Eliminator and G car. I was told the whole reason for not being able to get titles is that the DMV's computer system cannot work with the shorter VIN's of the older cars. I really think they can do it, it just requires a little more work than scanning the barcodes on the titles & registrations we now get on the newer vehicles.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats the same with NY. Their is no title for anything older than 1975. The registration is the proof of ownership, and in NY you cant apply for a title if the car is older than 75.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Says "no title". Does CT not require titles for certain age vehicles? How big an issue will it be? Greg
Even though CT does not require or issue a new title for older cars IMHO that's a major issue for a new buyer who's state does require one. When I registered my 68 DMV handed back the CA title to me and said it wasn't needed. There needs to be new legislation that gets DMV's on the same page with older cars in all states. Either they get a title or they don't.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Even though CT does not require or issue a new title for older cars IMHO that's a major issue for a new buyer who's state does require one...
Like NJ for instance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts