1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
Sounds real nice! Now what does it sound like with exhaust? I always worry about running open headers and not hearing something bad in a new engine. Also, the idle is set a little high, no? Will it idle lower? Anyway, sounds great and fast revving.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I had the vacuum off of the fuel press regulator and the TB wasn't dialed in yet, but I can do another video BC I've change the timing and TB so now it idles at 1k.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a tuner coming over next weekend and he's going to do a street tune and burn a chip for me. Also, the engine has already been broken in on a stand so all the ping and detonation issues are resolved.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my tuner that was supposed to come over decided to be an @$$hole, in short, and won't.tune my car now. His name is Randy Carter in Savannah Ga or Pooler Ga and is very unprofessional to say the least. I do not recommend him to anyone.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
PM replied to...But I'm going to copy it here as it applies to the post and others may have a different viewpoint.

There is a reason all of your local tuners wont tune it without a MS. It's much more user friendly and easily modified with with both hardware and software. The same reasons I decided to gut my EEC-IV system and go with the MS.

With that said... LOL... If I were you, I'd piggyback a Moates Quarter Horse on your EEC and tune it yourself. Its pretty much plug and chug, easily tuned and has a ton of internet support. I have one that I was going to use on the Panther but went MS due to the turbo, your NA so its a good fit. Only big downfall is the software licensing as far as I can tell.
Why pay somebody else for a burn every time you make a hardware change? Learn to do it yourself and you can make any changes you want whenever you want and save a ton of money in the long run.

Bill.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My engines already built, already have sensors and harness and it runs... Just need it tuned. Which cost way less than $1600. If it were earlier in my build it might be an option, but its a little late in the game now.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
My engines already built, already have sensors and harness and it runs... Just need it tuned. Which cost way less than $1600. If it were earlier in my build it might be an option, but its a little late in the game now.
Fair enough, except now you have to find another tuner. I would just hate being at the mercy of the "software guy" whenever I wanted to make changes to hardware.

Andrew

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea I hear that, but its been a hell of a ride getting this far. I'm not doing any more upgrades or add ons to utilize any kind of software after I'm done with this tune. I have a chassis dyno tune with an SCT 5 position chip coming up next weekend. After its tuned... That's it! I'll buy another car and start another project before I mess with this engine again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like Screamin-67 Says, "Built not bought". And this was my first major build so I know what goes into it now... I'll probably just look for a coyote drive train for my next build.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Like Screamin-67 Says, "Built not bought". And this was my first major build so I know what goes into it now... I'll probably just look for a coyote drive train for my next build.
No worries man. I know how it goes. It just sounded like you were frustrated with the "software" guy so I was just making a suggestion. I hope you get it tuned and driving well soon!

Andrew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well my tuner that was supposed to come over decided to be an @$$hole, in short, and won't.tune my car now. His name is Randy Carter in Savannah Ga or Pooler Ga and is very unprofessional to say the least. I do not recommend him to anyone.
I know this is Reviving the Dead but this was just brought to my attention so I wanted to respond... The reason you where told to come to the house to get the tune is because you didn't have the cash for a dyno session. The car was not put together correctly, Tb was not set correctly, tps was not set, there was vaccum leaks, the timing was off and most if all the car was running hot......when you were suppose to address the issue and bring it back (to keep you cost down from me doing it) you called one time and I couldn't get to you then and my new sensor did not come in yet. The Car would not have been a issue to tune otherwise....... Hope you got it all figured out.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts