Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention 1967-68 Cougar owners: What is your favorite feature of your Cougar? You can post more than one in order of preference. Thanks to all who take their time to reply.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Favorite things

Body lines
tail lights-even when the car is sitting still and not running
fold up headlights

the fact there is not one at every show you go to

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I like 427 Side Oilers and Philco TVs

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
68....... 68....... 68..... did I mention 68.......... 68..... sunroof!!!!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Exterior styling
Front/rear lights
XR7 dash ( especially the toggle switches )
Foot-operated windshield wiper fluid switch
The door is the perfect height and distance from the driver's seat to comfortably place arm on door sill while driving ( almost feels claustrophopic when reqiured to keep arm inside the car! )
Hidden fuel-filler door
The slash's in front of the wheel well on XR7s
Ease of working on the engine

There's more of course, but these were on the top of my mind.

·
Registered
264 Posts
valk6 said:
Body lines
tail lights-even when the car is sitting still and not running
fold up headlights

the fact there is not one at every show you go to

:ylsup: :ylsup: YEAH THAT:ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
SinisterX said:
:ylsup: :ylsup: YEAH THAT:ylsup: :ylsup:

Plus I love the way it handled

·
Registered
211 Posts
The long hood, short trunk, belt body line and of course the hidden headlights and sequential tail lights. I think even Bill Mitchell would have liked to claim that design. Its a classic. Mark

·
6,980 Posts
I like the 'Untamed Elegance', coupled with the pop open headlights and long hood. Just a well balanced vintage coupe.
For several years now I have been admiring Garey's (XR7GT) 1967 Cougar.
My current project 1968 XR7 is the car that I want as a semi daily driver.
My only change from stock will be a console that I can use as an armrest. I am going to attempt to make a console similar to the XR7-G console for use with my T-5 5 speed.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
You might think I'm goofy, but I like the pedal for moving the wiper blades whenever I want.......I wish they had that on cars today instead of the variable speed ones. After that, it would be the hidden headlights and the front look of the car........just looks tough! when your facing straight on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
amen to everything above, I was trying to come up with something new as I read the posts, and you guys covered it all. Of course, could always discuss the sound of the engine and the turning heads as you drive by....but I think that goes for every cat.

I think the way it sits is another great feature, the styling makes it look like it is crouched and getting ready to leap forward.

Things I hate? That damn hydraulic steering valve and when my headlight doors ease shut at night.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
I like the headlight/grill treatment (when closed) and taillight treatment on the 67s and 68s. Those are the only areas of my car that I basically left alone. I prefer the vertical grill bars vs. the 69s and way better than the snaggletooth 70. Don't even get me started on the 71 and ups.

Plus, the fact that there really aren't too many Cougars in general at any of the car events.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
All above plus oddly enough…I think the front seats are very very comfortable. Way better than most newer vehicles I’ve owned. Also the suspen... near my house there are a few dips and I can take those at 40 and the big cat takes them with ease… again better than any new car I have owned including my 2 ton town car with air suspension.
another satisfied customer....
Joe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts