Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planing on replacing the timing chain and gears on my 67 standard and figure I might as well replace the water pump while I'm at it. Looks like both aluminum and cast iron pumps were used. I have not ID'd mine yet. Are they interchangeable? I was looking at pumps on WCCC and the pumps they sell as reproductions look to be generic to me. Does anyone make real reproduction pumps with correct markings?

Bill

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Good question....I wonder what you would get if you go to box store and look at rebuilt ones? It may be one of those parts that had a real long run of the same casting I'd bet....probably only different fo left/right side outlets...?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bill,

I don't think anyone is making reproductions with correct markings, what BC is suggesting is a good way to go if you need a correct one. I bought one dirt cheap at Carlisle a number of years back. The one they had out on the table was a D3 or something, I asked if they had any more, they did, and the next one they pulled out was a D0. Sold!, and it's on the 351C in my car.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts