Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i said radioactive, these where marketed in the 30s and 40s to increase power, but they where a huge fail.These are 10mm chevorlet plugs un used in great shape with box. nice collectors peice or car show conversation peice, although it is off topic to cougars.I would like to sell a few. so message me if interested.
Thanks
Aaron.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yes i said radioactive, these where marketed in the 30s and 40s to increase power, but they where a huge fail.These are 10mm chevorlet plugs un used in great shape with box. nice collectors peice or car show conversation peice, although it is off topic to cougars.I would like to sell a few. so message me if interested.
Thanks
Aaron.

I don't consider that off topic. It's interesting and cool.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I will bite if they display nice. Just wander around our site and suggest some used parts you would like in trade.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'll post pics as soon as possible, they would look nice in a display these are 10mm plugs so their small in excelent condition. I have 8 I'm not sure on a price.? But I'll get back to you guys soon
Thanks
Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
eeeuuuh... could you post pics BEFORE Don gets his hands on them? ...:lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
winter & car pictures 130.jpg winter & car pictures 131.jpg winter & car pictures 132.jpg winter & car pictures 133.jpg winter & car pictures 135.jpg im not sure of a real value,don how much value would these be worth to you for parts trade? these are un used with a little surface rust on some from age.
Thanks
Aaron huffman

·
Registered
389 Posts
those are really cool.....and shows how people can be gullible to buy ANYTHING hahahaha....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah these are pretty cool considering they where supposed to increase horsepower and torque, im guessing firestone thought that radiation was good for a motor haha, 20 years later theirs some guy driving around with a 289 thats "glowing" haha. What size motor uses 10mm plugs?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah, pretty cool, never saw those before either. Polonium is a "metaloid" not to harmful as long as you don't ingest it....isn't that what they used to poison that Russian spy a few years back? Not what you would normally find in your milk!! Just make sure to wash your hands if you handle them....

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would love to grab one from you. It would be neat to have at the car meets and drive in's I go to. Can I buy one from you? What is the price?

Don doesn't need all eight. Right?? :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well thease actually do carry some but VERY LITTLE radiation, i had a science teacher take a geiger counter over them it was enough to pick up but not enough to be harmful.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I bought one on ebay just for fun and to have as a piece of car memorabilia.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
My 'vert? Great! Finished my epic resto in June 2011 and about 1600 miles put on since then. A few upgrades (like four-wheel Cobra discs) and punch list items fixed over the winter, about 12 shows (and as many trophies) in the 2011 show season. Basically a long time dream come true and hopefully more to come in 2012.

How is your car coming along?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awsome!!! My 70 is movin along good pulled the motor its rebuild and bored edlebrock works etc just waitin on spring to come for the body work!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts