Mercury Cougar Owners banner

17 x 8 bullett wheels?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  SeanD 
#1 ·
Before I get serious about buying these wheels, does anyone know if the bullett 17 x 8 mustang wheels will fit my 68 cougar? I have a regular 68 cougar with disk front and standard back brakes.
Thanks, Jeremy
also, what tire size is recommended, no dragging just street driving.

#2 ·
You will need adapter spacers. Do a search here in the forum but i think they are 1 inch thick or better to get them to work. The interfere on the front swing arms.

#3 ·
save you money and forget them, get a wheel that will actually fit .spacers are a bad bad omen prone to failure and fatigue

#4 ·
I disagree with the failure of the spacers.I had them on my 2005 dodge magnum and never had a problem. I also had them on my 70 and that too never had a problem. They wouldnt put them in catalogs of mustangs and cougars if they were prone to failures.

thanks
pat

#8 ·
Funny, just about everything is made in China these days and I do mean just about everything. I got a order of 3 parts from Snap-on last week, 2 of the 3 were made in China. My Foose Legend wheels? Made in China.

I appreciate the idea behind what you are saying, but it is kind of like a glass of water and a tsunami...

#7 ·
I'd tried to say that it chinese --- it just sounded funny! ;>0 teehee

I'd have to say forget the spacers as well. It can be very dangerous do to the fact the torque is further out on the studs for one. Maybe for putting around town you would be fine, but I wouldn't get sprited running them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.