Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put in some 17 inch rims and there hitting the ball joint on the upper control arm and I have more wheel well room I thought I was goin to have less plus the rims I took off 66 mustang rally rims 15inch was hitting to

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Once you lower the car 6 inches, it will look a bunch better. Show us a picture of where the ball joint is hitting the rim, it should not be possible.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I'm thinking you have way too much back spacing on your front rims. My 17" front rims are 8" wide with 4" of back spacing. In looking at mine, I prolly have another 3/4" before my tire hits my ball joint. Looks like you have about 5" of back spacing on yours. Best way to measure is to pull that wheel off and measure from the back of the mounting plate of the rim (where it touches the brake drum) and measure to the inside of the lip of the rim. You really can't go much more that 8" wide with 4" of back spacing on your car. Hope this helps.
Z

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks to me like it's only hitting that bulge at the huge dent in the rim.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Talk about a run on sentence....

But as stated, the wheel is bent so it shouldn't be used anyway.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Talk about a run on sentence....

But as stated, the wheel is bent so it shouldn't be used anyway.
Or the rim should be straightened...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im goin to measure later. I think I just out that dent there when I lowered it. Im goin to take it to a shop and see if they can fix it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts